User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MORyde Installation Cost question

So, I have a question for the forum regarding the installation of the MORyde CRE3000 suspension system, and accompanying wet bolts and heavy shackles. In my local area (I live in Mid-Michigan), there are several semi-tracker trailer service centers and RV sales and service centers.

Calling around for estimates on work, installing the systems listed above, I received a quote ranging from $250 to $700 installed.

The highest rates came from the RV sales and service centers, while the more reasonable rates came from the semi-tracker trailer service centers.

Knowing the latter works with heavy duty equipment, I assume they are capable of installing the suspension systems on my 5er. But, with such a low quote, I'm wondering if they low-balling the price.

The RV sales and service centers both sell the equipment (I was going to buy directly from the manufacturer), but their labor is through the roof. One estimate I got was 5 hours of labor to install the suspension and wet bolt/shackle system. One semi-truck center told me it would take no more than 2 hours, for both sides.

Does the installation of this upgraded equipment really take 5 hours to install???

If not, would I be safe going to a semi-truck center to install it?

I appreciate the advice.
    Iraq/Afghanistan Veteran - UMICH BBA, M.B.A.
    2018 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali 6.0
    2018 Grand Design 150 series Reflection 290 BH
    Bride - Anna, Son - Robert, and Gracie "the dog"
    Flint, Michigan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My dealer estimated 2 hrs of labor to install. Event though his hourly rate is pretty high, I will be taking him up on it - by the time I buy the jacks and stands to do it myself, that it would take me probably a full day given how I work, and factor in that it is the kind of work I simply hate doing.....it seemed like a bargain. 5 hrs does seem way out of the ballpark, however.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the MORRyde SRE4000 with the wet bolt kit installed at MORRyde her in Elkhart and it took them about 4.5 hours. Total cost under $1100.00. Huge difference towing.
    Thad, Joyce, Katie & Eli
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS
    2016 Chevy 3500 HD Duramax

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also had MORryde SRE4000 and wet bolt kit done last year on our Solitude before the Elkhart rally at MORryde's shop in Elkhart. Pretty cool set up. Spent the night in their little on site hook up area. They took it in frist thing in the morning 《 about 6:30 I think 》and they were done by 9:00. At frist, only 1 tec working on it, then the second joined in half way through the install. My cost was 595.00 for the equalizer kit, 136.99 for the wet bolt kit, and 350.00 for labor. Total of 1082.98. Then the tax took it to 1134.29
    Good luck with your search. Hopefully this will help.
    Safe travels and good health.
    John Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OIF/OEFveteran View Post
    So, I have a question for the forum regarding the installation of the MORyde CRE3000 suspension system, and accompanying wet bolts and heavy shackles. In my local area (I live in Mid-Michigan), there are several semi-tracker trailer service centers and RV sales and service centers.

Calling around for estimates on work, installing the systems listed above, I received a quote ranging from $250 to $700 installed.

The highest rates came from the RV sales and service centers, while the more reasonable rates came from the semi-tracker trailer service centers.

Knowing the latter works with heavy duty equipment, I assume they are capable of installing the suspension systems on my 5er. But, with such a low quote, I'm wondering if they low-balling the price.

The RV sales and service centers both sell the equipment (I was going to buy directly from the manufacturer), but their labor is through the roof. One estimate I got was 5 hours of labor to install the suspension and wet bolt/shackle system. One semi-truck center told me it would take no more than 2 hours, for both sides.

Does the installation of this upgraded equipment really take 5 hours to install???

I appreciate the advice.
    This sounds similar to my experience with getting quotes to have the Trav'ler satellite dish and two wireless joeys installed. Three different RV shops gave me quotes and the cheapest of the three was $500 more than the local Dish installer. They all three wanted me to bring my Momentum to them and leave it four to six days. The Dish installer came to me and had it done in a couple of hours for $500 less. We've been ocean to ocean twice since it was installed and not any issues in 18 months.

One thing I've learned in the past 18 months of full timing.....I will not go to an RV dealership unless I absolutly have to! That's why I went to RV Maint. Tech school down in Texas last winter.....so I never have to take it to a dealership again!
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OIF/OEFveteran View Post

I appreciate the advice.
    RV dealer quoted 2 hours labor for CRE3000 and wet bolt install on Imagine TT. They are also making some money on the parts, they sell for more than on Amazon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was quoted 2 hours of labor for the CRE3000 and wet bolts/shackles. They called Morryde who confirmed that the total labored hours would be 2 hours. They had it done in 1.5 hours. They being Camping World in New Braunsfels, TX.

I normally stay away from Camping World but in this case they had the best quote and I was happy with the install. The tech who installed reviewed the installation with me and showed me the old parts which validates that he shackles are crap coming from the factory.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I haven't installed that system I did do an axle flip (axles under spring from on top of springs) and installed wet bolts in my driveway in less then 3 hours so two hours to install both sides at a shop that will have lift capable of lifting whole trailer at once is about right. I had to use a jack with stands and blocks

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Truck: 2005 Dodge 3500 diesel dually 6 speed crewcab with 9.5’ flatbed and 120g fuel capacity

Trailer: Sold - 2006 Fun Finder 240XXX (custom graphics)
    Current - 2019 GD 150 series Reflection 290BH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the Morryde CRE3000 with all new shackles and wetbolts myself. I look at a job like this: Do I want to do it? Many times the answer is yes cuz I like doing mechanical work. I trust my own work Sometimes the answer is no. Then it's time to pay. I don't look at labor costs in terms overcharging. I look at it from the standpoint of if the labor charge is worth the time and effort it would take meto do it. $700 is a bit steep but if I had to do it a second time, I'd definitely pay to have it done. If I were installing during routine maintenance like bearings and brakes, I'd probably do it myself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please let us know what you decide to do and how it goes. I need to do the installation this spring, before we take another trip. I haven't decided if I want to try to do it myself or have someone else do it. I'm not too far from you, so if you find a good place I might want to use them too.

thanks,
    Dave
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
    B&W Patriot 18k slider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast