Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
    FYI - To address the original posters question. Grand Design asked us to close the Manufacturer's Corner.

Jim, it had nothing to do with corportate logos or proprietary data. The issue that was brought to my attention was related to trademark issues, that's it. Please don't spread innaccuracies.

Look for more information soon on the legal issues and exciting plans for our community.
    Understood. All posts have been edited to reflect this.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter what this is all about I'm just glad this forum is here. I've never looked at it as a contact with GD but rather a red line connection to those who are in the know. Your experience and advise is invaluable and we really appreciate all those who take the time to respond and help when a fellow RVer has a question! You guys and girls are great!
    Dennis & Phyllis Manley
    2018 Reflection 27RL, 2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax 6.6 LTZ

Site Team
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dennysbabe View Post
    No matter what this is all about I'm just glad this forum is here. I've never looked at it as a contact with GD but rather a red line connection to those who are in the know. Your experience and advise is invaluable and we really appreciate all those who take the time to respond and help when a fellow RVer has a question! You guys and girls are great!
    I agree 100%. Bravo to all the members who make this community great. We have plans to bring on many more Grand Design owners in the near future.
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    No GD in our Garage

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    On my TrailManor forum, we have never had any form of manufacturer participation, and it is the compendium of knowledge for TrailManor trailers. When I designed this site, I did so hoping for participation from the factory. In the beginning, they were all in. When it was more difficult to control the message, I think they started to waver a bit. They were always off fighting the blowup de jour over in the Facebook groups. They're reactive because they are trying to control the narrative.

At the Social Media Admins summit last year, one of the things the admins asked for was for some greater support in proactive things like winterizing/unwinterizing your camper. That they could help with things that were more specific to Grand Design. Then the FB groups and Forum could use those with their members. They've gone a step further with GDRV4life, trying now to establish a lifestyle brand as well. They have ambassadors and compensated spokespeople, which is all great, if that's what you're looking for. That's not for me.

As far as communities go, I personally believe we have built one of the best. We've always tried to listen to what you guys wanted, tried to grow in a way that made sense, and then also positioned us for growth by becoming part of Andy's family. Accordingly, there has been some churn. There always is when you build new teams, add to your family, and move in new directions. But I do believe that as Grand Design continues to build and sell more trailers, we're going to continue to grow. We have some outstanding members with incredible knowledge, and some who share recipes, and great pics of their animals. Some bring calm, and others a new vigor that challenges "The way we've always done it". We need all of those perspectives. Everyone brings something important to the table, and contributes; even if it is just encouraging others to keep sharing.

The Facebook admin used to rib me about having double the membership. From what I remember, there are great people over there too. I remember a lot of fighting, name calling, cursing and other. I dropped my membership last year. This forum will continue to be great because you as members will accept nothing less, and Andy and Janet do that very well.
    Thanks,
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12