User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kantleak Repair: Rally Seminar

At the Elkhart Rally, I went through the various repair procedures for the Kantleak water valve and the connections to it. Some have asked where they could find this information and it was really just a slightly expanded version of what is already in the Library section of this forum.

Leaks from the Kantleak Assembly:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ly-Leak-Repair

Water going to the wrong place:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ge-Replacement

Of course . . . GDRV provided new valve cartridges for anyone who wanted one .

Just FYI

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob....Do you know if replacement o-rings/seals are avbl from any source. I had one o-ring finally tear after 5 years of use. Fortunately, I carry a spare panel and pulled the stem out of that, but I would like to redo the failed one as I know one day I'll need it. I thought I recalled seeing something several years ago, but cannot seem to find it. Thanks
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alan - I see that Anderson Valve has updated their website and introduced a new brass valves panel to replace our plastic valves panel. I see they also offer a replacement of the valve for $36. Here is their website with the replacement valve details on the right side of the page:

https://www.abcorv.com/product-page/manrv102-rf

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Alan - I see that Anderson Valve has updated their website and introduced a new brass valves panel to replace our plastic valves panel. I see they also offer a replacement of the valve for $36. Here is their website with the replacement valve details on the right side of the page:

https://www.abcorv.com/product-page/manrv102-rf

Dan
    Thanks, Dan. I’d gone to the Abco website first. Just hate to pay $36 for the brass stem when all I really need is a few o-rings. I’m pretty sure at one time several years ago there were sets of replacement rings avbl, but haven’t found them. I’d rebuilt my panel to brass 4 years ago and carry a spare. I did send Abco a query yesterday about this as well, so may hear from them.
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arhayes View Post
    Thanks, Dan. I’d gone to the Abco website first. Just hate to pay $36 for the brass stem when all I really need is a few o-rings. I’m pretty sure at one time several years ago there were sets of replacement rings avbl, but haven’t found them. I’d rebuilt my panel to brass 4 years ago and carry a spare. I did send Abco a query yesterday about this as well, so may hear from them.
    Agree - seems I recall a post(s) years ago where someone or some folks did try to find the correct o-rings but could not. Maybe if Rob, @Cate&Rob responds he will recall and share the details........or maybe some other folks may recall and respond.

GDRV replaced my original Kanteak panel last spring with a new one that Janice sent to me a few years ago. I kept my old valve with the o-rings just in case I needed it in an emergency. I would like to get some o-rings too as the valve itself is fine.

Keep us posted, Alan.

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arhayes View Post
    Rob....Do you know if replacement o-rings/seals are avbl from any source. I had one o-ring finally tear after 5 years of use. Fortunately, I carry a spare panel and pulled the stem out of that, but I would like to redo the failed one as I know one day I'll need it. I thought I recalled seeing something several years ago, but cannot seem to find it. Thanks
    Hi Alan & Dan:

If you pull one of the seals from the cartridge, you will see that it is not just an O ring. (At least . . . it didn't used to be) It has square edges on the back side. A same size O ring might work, but I am not sure that it would stay in the groove or have the right interference fit to the barrel of the valve.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Alan & Dan:

If you pull one of the seals from the cartridge, you will see that it is not just an O ring. (At least . . . it didn't used to be) It has square edges on the back side. A same size O ring might work, but I am not sure that it would stay in the groove or have the right interference fit to the barrel of the valve.

Rob
    Ah yes, that refreshes the memory. I do recall that now.....thanks, Rob !

Dan
    Dan & Carol