User Tag List

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banff National Park, Large RV accommodations

2 years ago we rolled through Alberta and tried to stay at the Banff National Park (NP). They were booked solid and had a road they let you boondock only for 1 night. So we thought we would try again this summer. Research tells me they will open their reservations system on January 8th at 8 am.

What I can't find is some other basic stuff; Like do they have water connections at each site, sewer? Can they accommodate our 41' 5th wheel? The reservation site only list RV longer than 37'...

Inquiring minds want to know, hopefully there is a knowing mind that will share.....
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    2 years ago we rolled through Alberta and tried to stay at the Banff National Park (NP). They were booked solid and had a road they let you boondock only for 1 night. So we thought we would try again this summer. Research tells me they will open their reservations system on January 8th at 8 am.

What I can't find is some other basic stuff; Like do they have water connections at each site, sewer? Can they accommodate our 41' 5th wheel? The reservation site only list RV longer than 37'...

Inquiring minds want to know, hopefully there is a knowing mind that will share.....
    We stayed there with our 39' Solitude. Plenty of room.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was it Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court campground that you stayed in? They have full hookups. Their on-line site will explain things.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Was it Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court campground that you stayed in? They have full hookups. Their on-line site will explain things.

We stayed at Banf NP
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And thus my confusion. Tunnel Hill campground (3 of them) came up in the reservation site, if I have the correct site. I saw where they had 50 amp service, I saw where they could accomodate more than 37', but I couldn't find if they had water/sewer.

Tonights search resulted in the Trailer Court description, FHU all sights. Their maps kind of indicated x13 and x31 sites are a bit larger.

I am pretty sure it is part of the Banf NP system.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dallas,
    Try this site: https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/ab/ban...g/trailercourt

It shows the Tunnel Trailer Court sections A, B, and C. All of those sites have full hookups. They are "pull-throughs" in the sense that they are parallel to the roads. I know overflow stays on the road that is on the north side, the one furthest from Tunnel Mountain Road. Both Tunnel Mountain Village 1 and 2 are not full hook up.

You can also see the sites god on Google Maps. Search "Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court".

You have to get on the site as soon as it opens to grab a reservation.

If you go, enter from the northeast from the Banff Avenue turn off to Tunnel Mountain closest to Canada highway 1. We like the sites that face south as you can see the mountains that way.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Dallas,
    Try this site: https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/ab/ban...g/trailercourt

It shows the Tunnel Trailer Court sections A, B, and C. All of those sites have full hookups. They are "pull-throughs" in the sense that they are parallel to the roads. I know overflow stays on the road that is on the north side, the one furthest from Tunnel Mountain Road. Both Tunnel Mountain Village 1 and 2 are not full hook up.

You can also see the sites god on Google Maps. Search "Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court".

You have to get on the site as soon as it opens to grab a reservation.

If you go, enter from the northeast from the Banff Avenue turn off to Tunnel Mountain closest to Canada highway 1. We like the sites that face south as you can see the mountains that way.
    Good info, thanks for sharing.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS