Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When is a best time to Buy a RV

We are looking into upgrading to a 337RLS and the Lazydays in Tampa has two available. Should we wait for Tampa RV show Jan 15-19, or is the end of year better to negotiate?
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, it's not time of year. You should be able to get 25-35% off MSRP with good negotiating any time. Model popularity dictates a bit of how good a deal a dealer will give. Dealers are also usually willing to barter most on lot sitters - models in their inventory longest - and also models with no days in inventory - on order but not yet delivered. If it never enters inventory, it hasn't accrued a cost. Anything sitting on the lot more than 6 months is taking up valuable sales real estate, which is a cost.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just pulled the trigger on a 2020 337RLS. We were going to wait a month or so and go to a show but decided we just couldn't wait.

The dealer had 4 on the lot one day and they were all sold by the end of the week. The 337 is VERY popular!

We decided we didn't want to wait and when they got 2 more in, we jumped on one before anyone could even look at it!

We didn't get 30% off of MSRP, but we also didn't expect to with a new model year with a new color scheme and upgrades from 2019 (like auto level!)

Last years models are always the better deal, but comparing the two we had to have the 2020.
    Chris

2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Chevrolet 2500HD

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with both these guys, find one that’s been sitting on the lot awhile or a dealer that has 3-4 of the same model which seems uncommon. Don’t be afraid to walk out on negotiations.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Honestly, it's not time of year. You should be able to get 25-35% off MSRP with good negotiating any time. Model popularity dictates a bit of how good a deal a dealer will give. Dealers are also usually willing to barter most on lot sitters - models in their inventory longest - and also models with no days in inventory - on order but not yet delivered. If it never enters inventory, it hasn't accrued a cost. Anything sitting on the lot more than 6 months is taking up valuable sales real estate, which is a cost.
    I absolutely agree with this posting. If you're not going on the road camping until next Spring, special order your trailer and take delivery next Spring--for example. No reason to pay interest and/or insurance on something that's just sitting not being used.

I bought my 323BHS that was on dealer order in July--and it came in 2 weeks later--the next model year. That was a good time for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lazy Days has an Internet sales office in Florida and I got about 25% off going through them and even managed to garner a few more percent off on a trailer coming in not yet on the lot. Might be worth a try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papahoosh View Post
    We are looking into upgrading to a 337RLS and the Lazydays in Tampa has two available. Should we wait for Tampa RV show Jan 15-19, or is the end of year better to negotiate?
    You should ask for Jerry Martin. He works in internet sales and gave us a great deal on our Momentum. We didnt have to go there to negotiate anything, first time I met him was when we went to take delivery. Not sure how close you are to Lazy Days, but save ALL receipts getting there as they will reimburse your travel expenses up to $500 when taking delivery. I did a trade-in and they covered my fuel, food and campground stays for my trip down there. They also gave me a few free nights at their campground that I used in my previous TT and then after the trade I stayed in their "delivery lot" for a few days while swapping everything over to the new camper.

I hear they have a terrible service department, but they are good for sales. I didnt care for the finance department guy i dealt with.

They were good about fixing issues I found during the PDI, I made them fix it before I signed any paperwork.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    You should ask for Jerry Martin. He works in internet sales and gave us a great deal on our Momentum. We didnt have to go there to negotiate anything, first time I met him was when we went to take delivery. Not sure how close you are to Lazy Days, but save ALL receipts getting there as they will reimburse your travel expenses up to $500 when taking delivery. I did a trade-in and they covered my fuel, food and campground stays for my trip down there. They also gave me a few free nights at their campground that I used in my previous TT and then after the trade I stayed in their "delivery lot" for a few days while swapping everything over to the new camper.

I hear they have a terrible service department, but they are good for sales. I didnt care for the finance department guy i dealt with.

They were good about fixing issues I found during the PDI, I made them fix it before I signed any paperwork.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks FT4NOW, We are only 14 miles away Lazydays.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest dealing with several dealerships via the internet. Tell them that you're shopping several dealerships, the model that you want with the options that you want and ask their "out the door" price (minus tax and license, which will be different in each state).

When they know that you're also shopping other dealerships they will give you their bottom price. They don't have the advantage of playing your emotions against you. You have the upper hand and don't have to deal with the time consuming issue of negotiating back and forth while sitting in the hot seat.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey All,
    When I decided to buy/order it was already November. I happened upon a dealer who had informed me of a off-season special GD was running during the winter for new 2017 models.
    Apparently, the factory slows down in winter and GD wanted to keep things moving along.
    I was able to get Auto Level 3.0 and the galley slide awning at no additional cost (a $4 K Bonus in 2017)

Now, these items are standard for my model, but it doesn't hurt to ask if there are any such "promotions" presently ongoing.

Could be dealer cash back, or upgrades GD gives to motivate dealer factory orders .
    The dealer will rarely inform you outright, (unless you ask ), otherwise it's additional profit for them !!

Also, dealer "service fees"and "PDI fees" are pure profit, and even though they tell you they are not negotiable, they CAN be offset on the final OTD price !l
    All the dealer does, is lower the unit cost to reflect the discount.
    35% off MSRP without the added-on costs is a REAL DEAL and IS doable....

Knowledge is power.
    Just an FYI.... from a lucky guy !!!

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Da Breeze; 12-19-2019 at 04:13 PM.
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast