User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flapper doesn't seal toilet

All of a sudden, the flapper in the toilet will not seal any water? I have tried to twist it straight as it is crooked now instead of sealing, there's a little space on one side, so it's now crooked. How do I get it to seal again?? Anyone know?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thetford or Dometic toilet? I don't have the manual here in front of me for either. I just got a Dometic 320 and recall seeing in middle of the manual that the seal can be replaced by reaching through the trap door. http://manuals.dometic.com/download.php?file=1802
    On a thetford you need to remove the bowl from the base to access the seal.
    https://www.thetford.com/part/aqua-magic-style-ii/
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 12-26-2019 at 02:48 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a seal that can be replaced under the bowl. It is a wear item and goes every few years depending on use faster. Amazon sells them

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005G20GOC...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    Check your model. They also sell a kit with the ball
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    There is a seal that can be replaced under the bowl. It is a wear item and goes every few years depending on use faster. Amazon sells them

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005G20GOC...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    Check your model. They also sell a kit with the ball
    Thanks for the response!
    I think I have the Dometic and what you are saying is that I need to replace it. The issue, from what my minimum experience can tell, is that the flush ball is crooked and only sealing on one side. Not sure how to fix that?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no such pages in my GD manual I think it's a Dometic but not sure how to level the flush ball? It's crooked and that's why it won't seal, seals are good..

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fearless View Post
    Thanks for the response!
    I think I have the Dometic and what you are saying is that I need to replace it. The issue, from what my minimum experience can tell, is that the flush ball is crooked and only sealing on one side. Not sure how to fix that?
    There is no obvious wear on the seal when it fails. If the ball is crooked you should be able to take the bowl off (disconnect water from behind) and fix it. Everything sits under the bowl and has easy access / fixable. Most likely when water is no longer holding, it is the seal. When you have the bowl off change it anyway, I've never had the plastic part fail but anything is possible.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I took a flashlight and looked on the back of the toilet and it is a Thetford model 190404-42070-7628. I called a repair guy who told me it may be under warranty as it didn't sound like a seal but a dysfunctional pedal.