User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New to fifth wheel,Only had our Momentum 395M for a month. What are wet bolts and are they on my rig?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank P View Post
    New to fifth wheel,Only had our Momentum 395M for a month. What are wet bolts and are they on my rig?
    Frank, wet bolts are simply lubed bushings or lubed hinge points. They are in the suspension (look at the first picture in this post). They are on both ends of the springs and where the spring suspension attaches to the frame.

Why? Those hinge points get a lot of wear and the grease, when properly applied, makes them last longer. They have been around for ages and there are ones that don't require lube but those wear out very quickly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: since I was not able to add grease to 2 of the wet bolts I asked Lazydays to look into it.
    Lazydays just informed me that they received authorization to repair/replace the Zerks.

Another great customer service by GD.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papahoosh View Post
    UPDATE: since I was not able to add grease to 2 of the wet bolts I asked Lazydays to look into it.
    Lazydays just informed me that they received authorization to repair/replace the Zerks.

Another great customer service by GD.
    Probably not going to help. Just make sure, one way or another, that grease is getting into the bushings.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize that this is an older post, but I’m getting ready to grease the wet bolts on my 2019 303. I’ve read over the Dexter manual but, although they recommend greasing the wet bolts at every 3000 miles, they do not seem to mention the grease that should be used. I’ve read that Lucas Red "N" Tacky Grease is used by many, on the wet bolts. I’m just looking for the right solution before I start. I did get the Lock N Lube fitting for my grease gun. Now I need to clean out the old 30-year old grease that’s in the gun and start fresh.

Thanks, in advance.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    I realize that this is an older post, but I’m getting ready to grease the wet bolts on my 2019 303. I’ve read over the Dexter manual but, although they recommend greasing the wet bolts at every 3000 miles, they do not seem to mention the grease that should be used. I’ve read that Lucas Red "N" Tacky Grease is used by many, on the wet bolts. I’m just looking for the right solution before I start. I did get the Lock N Lube fitting for my grease gun. Now I need to clean out the old 30-year old grease that’s in the gun and start fresh.

Thanks, in advance.
    I just use a cheap synthetic grease but could use regular lithium complex grease like Lucas that you mention. Just need something there to reduce the wear.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I contacted Dexter when I had troubles with my bearings. They told me they use the Red-N-Tacky in both the bearings and wet bolts. Their statement is not to mix types. If you want to change, you need to completely remove/flush out the old.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasHall View Post
    I contacted Dexter when I had troubles with my bearings. They told me they use the Red-N-Tacky in both the bearings and wet bolts. Their statement is not to mix types. If you want to change, you need to completely remove/flush out the old.
    Totally agree with this statement. When I repacked my bearings I used the Lucas X-TRA Heavy Duty Grease which is Polyurea based so I washed all my bearings hubs and spindle with brake cleaner to make sure that I didn't have any Lithium based grease left. I like the X-TRA Heavy Duty grease as it has better properties than the lithium based greases and is a lube for life grease. I will still however do my bearings as recommended by dexter.

The synthetic that I use for the wet bolts is lithium based compatible so no issues there.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use an Alemite 500-E 10,000 psi grease gun and a LockNLube grease gun coupler to lock onto the zirk fittings. This combination has worked every time when trying to grease the wet bolts. I use Lucas Red N Tacky grease from from Walmart.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://smile.amazon.com/Lucas-Oil-1...6722585&sr=8-4
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123