User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back up camera

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Bob, Not trying to pick on you, and I did notice that you put the word “backup” in quotes. However, if you still have a picture and assistance from your camera while driving, you purchased the OBSERVATION camera. For a brand new owner (who may read this thread in the future, it’s a big distinction). The “backup” camera looses the picture at 30-40mph, making it only useful for backing your trailer in position (whether at home, service areas, or campsite). I really wish we had known that before we purchased ours. Bruce likes it, so that’s all that matters. I think it’s overpriced for its limitations. Regardless, whenever we back the trailer up, I’m back there, connected on phone, speaker setting, and visible to Bruce in one of his mirrors.
    N
    No issue here, and by golly your right. Never even noticed it in the description!!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had the Furrion for more than a year now with no issues. Easy to install and we were able to swap it from our previous Rockwood TT to our new Reflection. Took 10 minutes! Here is a link to the camera we have at the best price you will find - $250

And this is an observation camera. I love having it on all the time while we're traveling!

https://www.forestriverelectronics.c.../fos43tasf.htm
    Last edited by 2rad4u; 12-31-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    Chris

2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Chevrolet 2500HD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tatetoter View Post
    It is listed as the "observation camera". Not the backup. Model FOS48TAPK-BL is the one I went with.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the reply and pointing out the difference in the cameras, I had no idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2019 Momentum 394M
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BRIANV, @Houndbb, @2rad4u, @Buddymc

FYI, the very-limited "Backup" model and the much-more-useful "Observation" model you guys are discussing are both older models of Furrion cameras. They might still be found on some places but in my experience this year they seem mostly to have been supplanted at dealers and RV stores by the current models, shown on the page below.

https://furrion.com/collections/cameras

I believe it's @BRIANV who's actually looking to purchase a camera. Brian, we have the Furrion Vision S 7" system with a rear camera and two (optional) side cameras and are happy enough with it that we'd buy it again if we had to. Before that (on another trailer) we had the Observation, which also worked well but we do like having the much-larger display of the newer model.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    @BRIANV, @Houndbb, @2rad4u, @Buddymc

FYI, the very-limited "Backup" model and the much-more-useful "Observation" model you guys are discussing are both older models of Furrion cameras.

Good luck.
    The model I gave the link for IS the "observation camera" thank you.
    Chris

2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Chevrolet 2500HD

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got myself a Haloview 7108 for being good this year. It's better across the board than the overpriced Furrion camera. A bracket and adapter are part of the system to attach on the rear camera mount. I plan on adding at least one more camera at the hitch, perhaps a third to do sentinel duty.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 12-31-2019 at 04:19 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2rad4u View Post
    The model I gave the link for IS the "observation camera" thank you.
    Confusion reigns supreme! Furrion's fault, not yours or mine.

The camera you linked to is part of the current Vision S line that I posted about; you can see that on the box. It is described as a "vehicle observation system" as is everything in the new line. If you look at the page below on the right side you'll see that they use the phrase "vehicle observation system" to describe *all* of the Vision S products, which is all of their current line of this type of product.

https://furrion.com/collections/cameras/Vehicle

Perhaps you don't know it, but before the Vision S line and its new products came out Furrion had just two products of this type, a model named Backup and a model named Observation. There is plenty of discussion online about these two now-discontinued cameras and about the superiority of the Observation model, but the discussion is about those older models.

That's why I posted above, to try to clarify the confusion and focus attention on the current products.
    Last edited by boyscout; 12-31-2019 at 03:02 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Confusion reigns supreme! Furrion's fault, not yours or mine.

The camera you linked to is part of the current Vision S line that I posted about; you can see that on the box. It is described as a "vehicle observation system" as is everything in the new line. If you look at the page below on the right side you'll see that they use the phrase "vehicle observation system" to describe *all* of the Vision S products, which is all of their current line of this type of product.

https://furrion.com/collections/cameras/Vehicle

Perhaps you don't know it, but before the Vision S line and its new products came out Furrion had just two products of this type, a model named Backup and a model named Observation. There is plenty of discussion online about these two now-discontinued cameras and about the superiority of the Observation model, but the discussion is about those older models.

That's why I posted above, to try to clarify the confusion and focus attention on the current products.
    I thought Furrion only updated it's screen with the new vision S. I was just reading a half hour ago, another thread that was posted not long after the "S" models came out. In it many complaining that it was the same camera as before with poor resolution.
    Found it! it was a post on GD Nation.: https://www.granddesignnation.com/t/...ra-options/478
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 12-31-2019 at 03:17 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    I thought Furrion only updated it's screen with the new vision S. I was just reading a half hour ago, another thread that was posted not long after the "S" models came out. In it many complaining that it was the same camera as before with poor resolution.
    Found it! it was a post on GD Nation.: https://www.granddesignnation.com/t/...ra-options/478
    After doing much research before I bought, this information in your link is no longer accurate. Furrion did away with one camera altogether and modified the observation camera from the one that was previously the observation camera before the Vision S systems. Night vision us much improved, and speaking from my experience it's more than adequate. Furrion also upgraded firmware and software to help with camera flare. I've never had it from the rear camera, but do get it in the side views from semis. The flare is not at all blinding as that thread suggested, and more than likely they don't have the screen appropriately adjusted.

OP, you'll likely be happy with either brand.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After researching Dash Cams, I decided I wanted a high resolution camera with great night vision and as much memory as I could get. I also decided I wanted a dash cam in the back window as well as one aimed out the back window of the camper. Additionally, I wanted a camera with a good parking mode. I was undecided about GPS because there is a chance that might bite you because it can display your speed right before an accident (this could be good or bad for you, it all depends).

Here is where I landed: For the truck, I decided on the Viofo, A129 Duo Pro. This is a dual camera system with a high resolution front camera and a 1080p camera for the rear. Most importantly, it uses capacitors instead of batteries, batteries get cooked in the Florida Sun. To enable Parking mode I purchased a 3-wire installation kit which protects your truck battery from being drained by the camera system.

For the camper, I decided on the Viofo A129. This is a single high resolution camera with good night vision. I also purchased a 3-wire installation kit for this camera, I will wire this up to the marker light circuit to enable the "Dashcam" operation and wire the other side into the 12v coach system to enable the parking mode.

I purchased 4 256gb micro SD (SanDisk Ultra) memory cards for the 3 cameras (only 1 SD card needed for the dual cameras in the front), this allows me a spare card for each camera.

Hope this helps you decide on your Dashcam System.

Update: These cameras also have Wifi connectivity so files can be viewed (and saved) on your Smart Phone. The video files can then be shared with other parties, like the police.
    Last edited by SolarPoweredRV; 01-03-2020 at 12:18 PM.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast