Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New owner of Solitude 310GK-R

Hi:

Us:
    We were long-time tent campers who have "aged" out of sleeping on the ground. After retiring we have become better birders and found a passion for volunteering at NWRs and other natural places. We bought the rig after trying out several sizes and styles of RVs while traveling and volunteering at sites. We felt this was an appropriate size for the two of us and not too big get into some places.

So we can "sort-of" do this - but we are definitely newbies!

Rig:
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R with a build date of April 2019.
    The rig appears "stock", but we had the dealer add a generator prep package. We found an issue with the propane furnace during our testing at the dealer (pantry floor got so hot it melted the end of a sweep broom's bristles) so it's awaiting parts. Due in the next week or two.

We are looking forward to "moving in" as it seems to fit our size need after trying both smaller and larger rigs. We love the amount of natural light.

Tow Vehicle:
    2020 GMC 3500 DRW, with 8' bed. Added a 20K BW Companion hitch.
    My payload estimates were on the bubble for SRW, so worried about stability on the road. This DRW showed up and DW liked the ride on the DRW better than the SRW! Now all WE need to do is get comfortable with turns and back-ins!

Forum:
    I'm looking forward to all the help from experienced forum members as we learn about the rig and ways to help make it our "home". Please be kind - we are RV newbies! (also forum newbies, but DW know Facebook.)

Hopefully, as we gain experience, we can help others in the future.

Thanks!
    swmurray
    Last edited by swmurray; 02-09-2020 at 12:09 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard , from another Texan. We look forward to seeing y’all’s progress.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome @swmurray. You have found a great forum with good people, lots of experience and a very positive attitude. Out 310GK is our first trailer and I have learned a LOT from the collective knowledge here. Enjoy your trailer, we really love ours.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congrats! You will get more help than you can imagine here. Huge Database of knowledge within the membership here!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome! You'll enjoy the new comforts of having a 5th wheel but will miss getting in areas you did while tenting. I still miss those secluded little hideaways back in the woods.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Hi and welcome! You'll enjoy the new comforts of having a 5th wheel but will miss getting in areas you did while tenting. I still miss those secluded little hideaways back in the woods.
    LOL - I don't miss tents a bit. Especially the water running down through the middle of the tent! Kids however loved it..
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! I'm a newbie also to the FT RV lifestyle (2.5 mos). I also have the 2020 310-GK-R. So far the wife and I are satisfied. You can see our set up in the signature info. We also just bought the new 2020 3500 diesel 8' bed Silverado DRW. Due to the GM strike, took forever for them to start hitting the lots. We waited for the 2020 due to the big increase in tow power this year. Safe travels to you. Benny
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swmurray View Post
    "...I'm looking forward to all the help from experienced forum members as we learn about the rig and ways to help make it our "home". Please be kind - we are RV newbies! (also forum newbies, but DW know Facebook.)..."
    swmurray
    swmurry,
    my mods to our 310GK-R are here and may give you a few ideas.....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a nice rig! We sat on an RV purchase for a year until we had solid travel plans. Then decided on the RV and went looking for the truck. Found it the next day! Looking forward to getting it out in a couple weeks.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new Rig. DW and I are also looking at upgrading to the 31GK0-R from our current ORV Glacier Peak Platinum F26-CIS. A few questions -

1. Residential fridge, how do you remove and replace the unit if it ever needs replacing? We really like this option over the RV Norcold fridge.
    2. Windows, dual pane or single pane. We plan on staying in the unit f/t for a short period, 2-3 years. Any problems with condensation on single pane coaches?
    3. Slide control switches, the unit we looked at only has 2 slide control switches. Are the two main living area slides controlled by one switch? Sales person couldn't answer our question on this one. We couldn't locate the switch that controls the bedroom slide. Would have thought there would have been 3 slide control switches
    4. Coach has 2 Coleman Mach A/C's, are these the whisper quiet units or do they roar like a jet engine when running?
    5. Is there the ability to install a ceiling fan as a factory option? No worries if not, just curious.
    6. Is the electric fireplace sufficient on those cooler days? How low in the temp range do you go before running the propane heater?
    7. Is it worth the add'l cost to install the heat pump on the main A/C unit?
    8. Solar prep, are these coaches solar prepped from the factory or is that an option? I see that there is a port for a portable panel next to the front storage bay.

thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast