User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

slide topper for reflection 5th wheel

I was going to install slide toppers on our 303 reflection 5th wheel slides.Then I hear rumors that we cannot install slide toppers because
    there is not enough strength to the sidewall of the camper ,that it has to be setup during the build.Is there any truth
    to this or just more hearsay.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpypapa View Post
    I was going to install slide toppers on our 303 reflection 5th wheel slides.Then I hear rumors that we cannot install slide toppers because
    there is not enough strength to the sidewall of the camper ,that it has to be setup during the build.Is there any truth
    The slide topper "gutter" rails are on the exterior wall just above the slide out roof where the slide topper is slid into is on 2016s just as it was on 2014 and 2015s along with all years to current as well as I recall. What is a design and build limitation is those wishing to add a second awning onto the dining slide for early years production models before GDRV started building them from the factory that way.....in 2017 I think. The sheet metal backer is not there in the wall.

I did see some 2016 337s with slide toppers doing a quick search. Cannot see why this same would not apply to the 303.

Possibly someone with a 2016 or recalls seeing a 2016 303 with slide toppers will chime in.

You can always call GDRV Customer Service and they will confirm for your 2016 based on the VIN.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toppers are fine, the newer version with the actual awning on slide, not so much.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok,thanks,in any of the installation videos I watched it mentioned to remove the gutter rail and to use the topper rail supplied ,so you believe we can
    just slide the topper into the rail that is already there ? That would be a lot easier .So we are good installing toppers on a 2016 ,nice.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok,thanks,in any of the installation videos I watched it mentioned to remove the gutter rail and to use the topper rail supplied ,so you believe we can
    just slide the topper into the rail that is already there ? That would be a lot easier .So we are good installing toppers on a 2016 ,nice.
    @huntr70 Steve I think this question is for you. @grumpypapa if you quote the person you are responding to like I have or quote their user name with the @ symbol then they will know that you are asking them a question and then they can respond.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, remove the gutter at one end and slide it in, it's fine.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't speak to the sidewall strength. I did look up your floor plan and it seems to be similar to my Imagine 2970RL. I had our dealer install my toppers and I'm glad I did. I've included a picture of my door side that shows the slide awning, main awning, and slide topper. It is pretty darn crowded where they all come together. If your main awning comes across and over your door, be aware of this congestion. This slide topper also uses a different bracket that the topper on the other side.

There is maybe a 1/4" clearance between the edge of the slide topper and the arm/head for the door awning.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2970RL-Awning-Topper.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	31829
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will check that out,thank you
    2016 Reflection 303 rls

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

I will check that out,thank you

Hello...how did you make out..had a look at 303 today( thanks Richard). If we buy one I wold like to install toppers. However on the curb side dining room side slide out it looks like the awning hardware awning arms may interfere with the topper arms.

Can slide toppers be installed on the curb slide dining room slide. Pictures and material list is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    Hello...how did you make out..had a look at 303 today( thanks Richard). If we buy one I wold like to install toppers. However on the curb side dining room side slide out it looks like the awning hardware awning arms may interfere with the topper arms.

Can slide toppers be installed on the curb slide dining room slide. Pictures and material list is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Sounds similar to our 3350 where you need the "tall" mounts for the topper arms and they get mounted on the slideout trim along its bottom edge so you bite into the slideout box with the screws.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast