User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion 12v Refrigerator Power

Does anyone know why the Furrion 12v is directly wired to the battery bypassing the the battery disconnect switch? I realize one can turn the refrigerator off by turning the temp. selector dial inside the refrigerator but that only turns off the compressor. The led Light still remains on with the door open(which is necessary when defrosting the unit or for storing the RV. The only way I see to completely power it off is to remove the battery cable.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Does anyone know why the Furrion 12v is directly wired to the battery bypassing the the battery disconnect switch? I realize one can turn the refrigerator off by turning the temp. selector dial inside the refrigerator but that only turns off the compressor. The led Light still remains on with the door open(which is necessary when defrosting the unit or for storing the RV. The only way I see to completely power it off is to remove the battery cable.
    Possibly so you don't turn it off accidentally and ruin all your food? Many on this forum have reported that the stock disconnect "key" can be nudged by something in transit thus turning off the 12-volt system. You wouldn't want to arrive to a refrigerator full of spoiled food.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our 2022 Imagine, the battery disconnect switch does turn off the fridge and if I leave the doors open the light goes off after 2-3 mins.

At least in our RV, I don't have the same issues as you seem to

Good luck

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a factory installed solar panel and charger it's wired that way so you can power the fridge even if the battery is disconnected. That is what I was told about my camper.
    2022 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2019 Silverado 4X4 RST
    1966 Chevelle SS
    2012 Vans RV-10

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @tompotts, yes our Imagine does have solar so that makes complete sense

Rick