User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if we're correct, you need to cover that red wire just in case it's hot at some point and it comes in contact with a ground. Wire nut or electrical tape. And maybe try to trace down, the orange/purple/white wire to see where it goes, the white group of wires, and the smaller gauge red wire. If that's the signal wire, then you'd have a good idea of what the relay should be supplying power to.

That VOM is a very handy tool to have around. Basically you're interested in learning how to read voltage, AC and DC, and continuity. And a clamp-on ampmeter is a pretty cool tool to have too.

OTOH, if everything is working, then not a priority project.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I'll chime in here. When I was putting in the battery bypass in my 320MKS, I had a wire pop out of a crimp connector like that. It wasn't stripped correctly, and was just laying next to another wire in the crimp ring terminal connector. (Shoddy workmanship there.) I replaced that ring connector and correctly crimped the two wires going into it. I also tugged, fairly hard on each one of the other connectors to make sure nothing else would come out. I ended up having to replace two other ring connectors as the wire just popped right out of them. In the end, I had two wires that I had to re-strip and re-crimp.

Now, on the the OP: for your issue, I highly recommend pulling the relay off the wall (if you can't read the top of it) so you can read the top and determine what that pin is. By the looks of it, in the picture, it appears to be the 12+ VDC input. Don't take my word for it, please verify it for yourself. Also, I would take a volt meter (Harbor Freight sells one for less than $5, that will work just fine) set to measure Volts DC and touch the black lead of the meter to a good ground point and the red lead to the stud that the connector is on. If it reads around 12VDC and the relay indicates that red wire is supposed to be the 12VDC input, then I think you will be good to replace the wire and crimp connectors.

If that is the case, it also appears the wire is 12 or 14 GA (probably 14). I would run down to the store (or Amazon it), purchase 14 GA stranded wire, and a 1/4" ring connector (yellow) for a 12-16 GA wire and a spade female connector (again, yellow 12-16 GA) that is insulated (or covered all the way). Like the one in your picture. Measure the length of wire you will need, with a decent amount of slack, and strip the wire on both ends at least 3/8" and crimp the ends on. You'll need a crimper as well.

Let us know your findings!
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found disconnected wire 2020 303RLS front compartment

As @FT4NOW mentioned, if you look at the bottom terminal block on the right hand side you can clearly see where it came from.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    As FT4now mentioned, if you look at the bottom terminal block on the right hand side you can clearly see where it came from.

Bill
    It does look like it, but as others said, use a meter to be on the safe side. We all know how these things are wired haphazardly.

If the wire opposite the unconnected wire can be followed, or that little white tag can provide any info, that might be a good start. Reading all the numbers on the bottom of the relay could be helpful (assuming the relay was wired correctly).

Anyone with a 303 know what the relay is powering? I'd be willing to bet that component isnt working properly right now. My initial thought is an awning, but it's just a shot in the dark.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this forum. From the people here found the problem, learned the basics of how to use a multimeter, relays and a lot more. Thank you everyone for your help. I was not able to find anything not working in the trailer. The missing wire does go to the poorly crimped terminal and supplies output to a OneControl optional factory supplied TPMS accessory that I don't have (use Tire Minder instead). GD suggested I not connect the wire to something I don't use in case there is parasitic draw.
    Thanks again,
    Mike
    Mike and Marita
    2019 F350 Lariat CCSB 6.7L Diesel SRW
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
    Reese Elite 5th Airborne Sidewinder, Reese custom wedge, B&W Companion hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must have been bring your kids to work day when they built that electrical distribution. So weak. Hope you find the missing wire.
    Randy and Kris

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool beans.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mcl1jw Congrats on finding the answer to the question. I agree, this is the best forum I've been on. So many helpful people and minimal rudeness (unlike some others I've been on and ceased using). Head to the horizon!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd put money on you being correct.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Relays have term 87 and 87A. This might be an accessory lead not used. Looks like it never had a term crimped to it and too little stripped off. Odd its not capped or taped

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast