User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info!!
    Dave & Pat
    2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel Short Bed 4WD with 6.6L Duramax and Z71 Sports Pkg.
    2021 Solitude 2930RL
    Reese Sidewinder Pin Box and B&W Companion Fixed Hitch direct mounted via OEM pucks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigwave View Post
    Thanks for the info. With regards to #3 . I won't have access to 110V/AC electricity the night before we leave as our RV is at a storage facility. I have read some posts that say your RV battery could go dead by running the refrigerator just on propane overnight or longer as the monitor panel uses some DC power. I can't imagine that it would be much of a drain on the battery just overnight for the refrigerator monitor panel when not connected to shorepower, but I have seen some posts regarding this. Maybe the persons posting this had a battery going bad to begin with.
    We run it on propane when boondocking without any issues with the cheap dealer install group 24 LA battery. What will drain it overnight is the furnace.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your post and information. Yes, we do have a reservation. We found that it fills up quick when we went down last March (via airline) to take a look at some resorts.
    Dave & Pat
    2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel Short Bed 4WD with 6.6L Duramax and Z71 Sports Pkg.
    2021 Solitude 2930RL
    Reese Sidewinder Pin Box and B&W Companion Fixed Hitch direct mounted via OEM pucks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, but I am connected to electricity. We are planning to stay in motels for our first trip down to Florida so I won't have 110V/AC and I have seen some posts about the battery going dead or getting very weak by running the refrigerator overnight on propane (supposedly the monitor panel uses some DC power). Based on some of the other replies I have seen it does not sound like it is a problem so I will run it.
    Dave & Pat
    2021 Solitude 2930RL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our destination is about 1.5 hours south of Winter Haven FL. So, from west to east it is pretty much straight across from Bradenton in the middle of the state near Wauchula at an RV resort in a rural area. Will probably take us about the same or slightly longer as going to Bradenton.
    Dave & Pat
    2021 Solitude 2930RL

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t worry about running a propane fridge overnight on the battery. Even for several days should be no issue. Best thing to do is get a volt meter and every day or so, flip the battery disconnect switch, wait a few minutes and then measured the voltage. If it gets down to 12.0 volts then it needs to be left off until you can charge it.

There is a small generator (1600 W) in the bed of my truck that I never use but need it for peace of mind. Mostly about the furnace, not the fridge.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our destination is about 1.5 hours south of Winter Haven FL. So, from west to east it is pretty much straight across from Bradenton in the middle of the state near Wauchula at an RV resort in a rural area. Will probably take us about the same or slightly longer as going to Bradenton.
    A friendly forum hint, if you use reply with quote (lower right of the post box) it takes the guessing game out of who you're replying to. Have a safe, non eventfulful trip down.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, but I am connected to electricity. We are planning to stay in motels for our first trip down to Florida so I won't have 110V/AC and I have seen some posts about the battery going dead or getting very weak by running the refrigerator overnight on propane (supposedly the monitor panel uses some DC power). Based on some of the other replies I have seen it does not sound like it is a problem so I will run it.
    Pick yourself up a small Honda 2200 watt generator or similar brand and use it for overnight stops if you don't have access to electrical hook ups. You'll be able to run your propane furnace, your fridge, any lights you need and your water pump if dewinterized. Then you can stay in and "with" your RV on your way down to Florida and not waste money on hotels.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Bigwave

It helps is you use the "Reply With Quote" most time when responding to a post. That way everybody know who (or what) you are responding too.

I just thought I'd pass that info along.

It looks like you got a lot of good help and have things planned in FL. Safe travels.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are planning to stay in motels for our first trip down to Florida
    A lot of hotels have rather challenging parking lots for RV's. Make sure you know the 'lay of the land'.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast