User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linndoren View Post
    FYI these seem to use ultrasound for measuring levels. Ultrasound cannot propagate through air so you should use a “couplant” between the probe and tank. I highly suggest the Dielectric grease over Vaseline if you are going any where in the south for the summer. As an ultrasonic technician I have seen Vaseline melt and run in ambient Texas summer temps. I regularly use the dielectric or lithium grease for my UT probes for this reason. I am also looking to install theses on my tanks as I can never seem to time the switch just right.
    We installed these 2-years ago w/dielectric grease. Never had an issue yet. use both app and remote monitor. I expect to need to change batteries at the start of next season.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi141 View Post
    I have the Mopeka Pro sensor connected to compass connect on a 2021 GD Reflection. They are the same exact sensor as the Lippert in a different color.
    Huh, interesting. I guess my Compass Connect is old enough that I can't add them.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2022 Imagine with the Compass Connect and I use the Mopeka propane tank sensors

I hear what GD uses is the same sensors but a different color...

Anyone have any luck with getting the non GD Mopeka sensors to link up to the Compass app? So far I haven't had any luck

Rick
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Mopeka sensor on our propane tank. Although we have been using it without any issues this week it seems like it is not registering any use of the propane that we have been having. It stays constant at 100%. Has anyone else seen that happen? It is below freezing at night but 50s during day.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alisak40 View Post
    We have the Mopeka sensor on our propane tank. Although we have been using it without any issues this week it seems like it is not registering any use of the propane that we have been having. It stays constant at 100%. Has anyone else seen that happen? It is below freezing at night but 50s during day.
    Which ones do you have? The round ones?
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alisak40 View Post
    Are you sure you're not running off the other tank, and that tank really is full? Since you didn't give any information on what you have, I'm assuming you have two tanks.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi141 View Post
    I have the Mopeka Pro sensor connected to compass connect on a 2021 GD Reflection. They are the same exact sensor as the Lippert in a different color.
    Maybe the Pro is slightly different, so far I haven't been able to get the Std versions to connect to the Compass App

I open the Connect app, select the + then select Propane sensors. Wake up the sensor by pressing the button 1x, and 5x and even held after 5x like the instructions say. So far, the app never sees either device

Happy to take any setup advise that I might try

Rick
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed the Mopeka PRO round one on both of my tanks. They very quickly bluetooth to my Cerbo GX thus are very now showing on the Cerbo screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Toy4Rick View Post
    Maybe the Pro is slightly different, so far I haven't been able to get the Std versions to connect to the Compass App

I open the Connect app, select the + then select Propane sensors. Wake up the sensor by pressing the button 1x, and 5x and even held after 5x like the instructions say. So far, the app never sees either device

Happy to take any setup advise that I might try

Rick
    2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    which mopeka propane sensor to choose ? we have two tanks but we wont be boondocking . also which mopeka to choose the standard or the pro ?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sctmlmn View Post
    which mopeka propane sensor to choose ? we have two tanks but we wont be boondocking . also which mopeka to choose the standard or the pro ?
    If you're not boondocking, why would you bother with the sensors? You do have the auto-changeover don't you? Checking the tanks a couple times per week is no biggie. Unless you're staying where it's cold and you need to run the furnace frequently, a tank of propane will last a pretty long time.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast