User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    What kind of bike is that?
    Checked Google, looks like a Harley touring bike.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRedmond View Post
    How difficult is it to drop the rear fuel tank on a 351M? i need to get under there, open up the underbelly liner and secure the mounting brackets. Looks to me like there is no way to get under there in the right place without dropping the tank.
    I would think if you put a transmission jack or something similar under the tank to hold it in place while you unbolt the tank it wouldn't be too bad. Since it's the rear tank, you can easily empty the fuel with the pump. Use the jack to slowly lower the tank until you can disconnect the fuel lines. Opposite for install.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    What kind of bike is that?
    Harley Davidson, the Biker Bar is mostly for the large cruisers due to the way it mounts to the frame.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I guess I still don't understand. What "lateral arms" are you referring to? Are you referring to the "wings" that guide the front tire into place? With the Spyder in the garage there's no room to open the door into the garage for us. The 351 does have a pretty short garage, which works great for us but it's an issue with the long SxS UTV's.
    No, the angle frame that keeps the bike upright in front of the tire. With that on the right side i cannot open the interior door.
    https://www.condor-lift.com/wp-conte...iler-kit-1.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Checked Google, looks like a Harley touring bike.
    That is correct, heavy bike.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think if you put a transmission jack or something similar under the tank to hold it in place while you unbolt the tank it wouldn't be too bad. Since it's the rear tank, you can easily empty the fuel with the pump. Use the jack to slowly lower the tank until you can disconnect the fuel lines. Opposite for install.
    Yes, that is what i was thinking... Wasn't sure if there are fuel lines or the pump is internal/attached to the tank and have only the dispensing hose and fill nozzle to drop with the tank.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree and you may not even need to disconnect anything if you lower it just enough to reach up above it.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRedmond View Post
    How difficult is it to drop the rear fuel tank on a 351M? i need to get under there, open up the underbelly liner and secure the mounting brackets. Looks to me like there is no way to get under there in the right place without dropping the tank.
    Myself and a couple of buddies did that in mine. First dropped the belly cover, we drained the gas tanks, dropped them and used jacks to hold on place. Secured the base unit underneath and made sure that will never come out. Use something more than just the screws they give you. Secure that forever....lol Once done we reinstalled the tanks, reinstalled the belly cover, refilled the tanks and done. Only problem was we kinked one of the gas lines so I couldn't pump gas. Had to drain the tank again and slightly drop the tank to reroute the gas line.

Start with empty gas tanks.....lol

I loved the simplicity of the use of the bar and am installing a new base in my new 376THS. I am hoping the gas tank won't be in the way but if it is at least I know how to handle that though.

Worth the time and effort IMO

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I guess my question is, "Is it worth it?". That would be a pretty big job just to allow you an easier way to secure the bike. Personally, considering the job involved, I would work with something like a Condor chock and a couple of tie down straps. That's what I use and have nothing permanently mounted to the floor, and nothing to stumble over when the rug is down.
    You can remove the topside when not using which is what I did. No tripping over anything

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never looked that close at them because I've never owned a bike that would work with them. But B&W makes quality stuff, not that far from me over in Kansas. Being able to easily remove the base is a major consideration though, and makes it more practical.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast