User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaostactics View Post
    Unfortunately RV trip wizard isn't available to me. (I'm on Android)

Good to note about the mid west. TBH gateway arch is low on my list. I could go a bit farther south on the way out. Then make a call on trying to hit St. Louis on the way back.
    What you really want to do is use a computer to run RV Trip Wizard to do all you planning. The iPhone app is OK, but actually unless you only want to know about campgrounds in your area or what trip you have built in the on-line version, it doesn't offer much else.

You could always use the on line version to do your planning then just view that via the web browser on your smartphone.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so used to smart phones that I forgot about using a computer. Theres no reason I cant also bring my laptop.
    2018 2150RB/2022 F150 Powerboost

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for planned route tips/advice. First cross country drive

Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    What you really want to do is use a computer to run RV Trip Wizard to do all you planning. The iPhone app is OK, but actually unless you only want to know about campgrounds in your area or what trip you have built in the on-line version, it doesn't offer much else.

You could always use the on line version to do your planning then just view that via the web browser on your smartphone.
    X2 on this. That’s how we do it. We print everything out Justin case of a technology fail. Then use the phone app while driving.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vote for the southern route out, but there are a lot of things to consider. Cold weather travel is no fun. Even coming back later in February there's every chance of hitting below zero weather coming through Utah and Colorado. You'll have water on board, so even with the tank heaters that means you'll have to travel with the furnace and water heater running. In turn that means that while you're traveling you're constantly dreading one or the other blowing out on the road. A failure of either would leave you with a costly and time consuming repair.

The other option is to blow out the water and drain the water heater every morning before you leave, but that means that you're without water when you're "Walmartin it". Guess my bottom line is, wait a while if you can and take advantage of a little warmer weather.
    2020 303RLS MorRyde 4000
    2021 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW 4x4
    14,000 GVW Auto Leveling
    B&W Companion3600

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12