User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delivery Tomorrow!

My truck has new, higher capacity tires installed, new/more heavy duty springs, and the fifth wheel hitch installed. It has been legally certified for the increased carrying capacity!

The momentum 320g-r has been PDI’d… tomorrow is orientation and delivery! They have both my truck and the camper in the ‘orientation lot’… wife and I have packed up some essentials for spending the first night out!

Exciting days!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonalyptical View Post
    My truck has new, higher capacity tires installed, new/more heavy duty springs, and the fifth wheel hitch installed. It has been legally certified for the increased carrying capacity!

The momentum 320g-r has been PDI’d… tomorrow is orientation and delivery! They have both my truck and the camper in the ‘orientation lot’… wife and I have packed up some essentials for spending the first night out!

Exciting days!
    Congrats!! Just out of curiousity how did you get it legally certified for the increased capacity?

Thanks,
    Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exciting days!
    Congrats! Welcome to the community.

And I cant wait to see where this goes in regards to the truck improvements
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The company that installed the springs has the ability to certify - good for insurance, etc.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new camper, It looks like a great floor plan.

I'm curious, as I'm sure others are as well, What is your tow vehicle that you had the suspension Re-Certified, are they changing weight labels on the door sill somehow?
    Can't imagine that being a legal or lawfully binding but I certainly don't know everything about weight limits on trucks.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
    Congrats on the new camper, It looks like a great floor plan.

I'm curious, as I'm sure others are as well, What is your tow vehicle that you had the suspension Re-Certified, are they changing weight labels on the door sill somehow?
    Can't imagine that being a legal or lawfully binding but I certainly don't know everything about weight limits on trucks.
    I have a 2018 Chevy 2500 diesel high country. Used it for yards pulling my wife’s horses around.

But for the certification. Yes. Fully DMV legal certification. New sticker. In fact, they made me get different tires to meet the new expected certification. They don’t mess around.. take it very serious.

In fact, it will save you tons of money in lawsuits if you are in a crash and you were overweight based on that sticker…
    Last edited by anonalyptical; 02-03-2023 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Additional info

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 Chevy 2500 diesel high country. Used it for yards pulling my wife’s horses around.

But for the certification. Yes. Fully DMV legal certification. New sticker. In fact, they made me get different tires to meet the new expected certification. They don’t mess around.. take it very serious.
    To be clear. I believe they add an additional sticker, correct?

The OEM sticker is still there but whoever mods it add a new sticker with the new specs.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    To be clear. I believe they add an additional sticker, correct?

The OEM sticker is still there but whoever mods it add a new sticker with the new specs.
    Remains to be seen. I’ll be there tomorrow to see for the first time this week. They’ve had my truck all week… but I’m told I’m fully legal.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who did it? Tampa Spring?
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged