Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Shore Power Indicator Light Out

I have a 2019 Imagine 2400BH, owned about 5 months. The blue indicator light on the cover of the inlet went out, 30 amp. I washed it about a week ago, so I am guessing water got in. Anyone had this issue, and how to fix it? Low priority, but would be nice.

Also I have a Camco twist lock cord that does not seem to want to lock, it gets power, but will not twist. It worked on my prior trailer, and the Furrion cord works. The prongs or casing seem to not perfectly line up.

Thanks, Brian
    2016 RAM 2500 - 6.4 Hemi, 4:10 Rear
    2019 Imagine 2400BH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian

I would not worry about the light , not sure if it is replaceable or not.
    The cord that does not want to twist to lock would get my attention. If this is not seated correctly then there could be a heat build up that could cause bad things to happen, fire comes to mind.
    I would not use this if it does not fit correctly.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine went out on my last trailer after about 6 months and on my Reflection in less than 3 months. I believe the only way to fix it is to install a new connector in the trailer. Not worth the money for me.
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab PSD SRW

Former set up:
    2013 Kodiak 291RESL
    2017 Ford F150 Platinum

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by briantax View Post
    I have a 2019 Imagine 2400BH, owned about 5 months. The blue indicator light on the cover of the inlet went out, 30 amp. I washed it about a week ago, so I am guessing water got in. Anyone had this issue, and how to fix it? Low priority, but would be nice. Also I have a Camco twist lock cord that does not seem to want to lock, it gets power, but will not twist. It worked on my prior trailer, and the Furrion cord works. The prongs or casing seem to not perfectly line up. Thanks, Brian
    We've owned two 2018 Grand Design trailers, both had an obvious LED on the inlet connector, neither of them ever worked.

Our 30' 50-amp power cord has a couple of blue LEDs on the supply end to show that power is at least getting out of the pedestal, and we have a surge / power protector * inside the trailer with a display near the input connector to report on what's happening with power when we connect, so the LED wouldn't add much value.

Here's the surge system we use. If you don't have something like this (internal or external) it's recommended. Power in some parks can be pretty shaky.

https://www.progressiveindustries.net/ems-hw50c

Re: your damaged connector, our dealer somehow damaged ours while it was in service. Strong pliers and a good eye restored the "pins" to their required shape so the connector would insert and turn and lock. Pretty important, as @Country Campers said above.
    Last edited by boyscout; 06-12-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, join the crowd. My LED is out on my Imagine 2970 RL, the LED on my brothers 2500 RL went out. He had his replaced, I'm not going to as I'm sure it will happen again.

Some of the LED's in my outside speakers also went out. I opted have them replaced as I was under warranty. WHEN they go out again the will not be replaced. Cheap Furion crap.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by briantax View Post
    I have a 2019 Imagine 2400BH, owned about 5 months. The blue indicator light on the cover of the inlet went out, 30 amp. I washed it about a week ago, so I am guessing water got in. Anyone had this issue, and how to fix it? Low priority, but would be nice.

Thanks, Brian
    That light on my 2018 Imagine 2600RB went out on our second trip. Never bothered to fix it...
    2018 Imagine 2600RB
    2019 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 LT Crew Cab, Vortec 6L V8, 4.10 Rear Axle
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000# Hitch

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine went out in my driveway before our first trip out.... Never had it on previous trailers, don't need it now.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a nice feature on our Momentum. You could see the light from the bedroom window. It made it nice when the power went out, to see if we had incoming power without getting out of bed. If it was on and the power was out, it means that the EMS had cut power.

The Furrion power cord also had two LED's on the end that plugs in at the pedestal. Last I looked I think both were out. One failed about a year or so into ownership.