User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Local TV Channels in Bedroom

I have a problem trying to get local TV channels in the bedroom of our 2021 Solitude 377mbs. The diagrams provided by GD are attached. I receive local channels on the LR TV with no problem. I've traced and labeled all cables. There is a cable from the signal booster that runs to the pass thru. That cable ends at a 4-way splitter with a connection to the bedroom, pass thru, bunk and loft. This corresponds with the first drawing, but not the second. In this configuration, the BR TV does not find local channels. If I connect the cable running from the booster directly to the bedroom cable, local TV works fine.

If I put the splitter back, there is no local TV reception in the BR. To rule out a bad splitter, I replaced it with another splitter. Same result. My thought is that the 4-way splitter is introducing too much signal loss, -7db per connection, for the TV in the bedroom to find local channels. I do not have another TV available to test local reception at the bunk, loft or pass thru connections. I've spoken with 2 GD customer support persons who said they understood my problem, but had no answer. I can work with the direct connection to the BR TV at the moment, but may want to add another TV in the pass thru area for an outdoor TV this summer, so I need a good resolution.

Are there any 377mbs owners out there that have this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

Anyone out there with an idea to solve the problem?

Can I introduce a second signal booster just in front of the splitter at the pass thru?

Many thanks to anyone who can offer suggestions or a solution!

Dennis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210407_121202628_iOS.png   20210407_121239994_iOS.png  
    Last edited by DennisK; 04-07-2021 at 07:23 AM.
    Dennis, Pat, Prince and the Lady - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310GK- 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried the satellite output in the bedroom?

Wouldn't be the first time that the cables were hooked to the wrong output.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Have you tried the satellite output in the bedroom?

Wouldn't be the first time that the cables were hooked to the wrong output.
    Satellite output works fine for the satellite, but thanks for the suggestion.
    Dennis, Pat, Prince and the Lady - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310GK- 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    I've traced and labeled all cables. There is a cable from the signal booster that runs to the pass thru. That cable ends at a 4-way splitter with a connection to the bedroom, pass thru, bunk and loft. This corresponds with the first drawing, but not the second. In this configuration, the BR TV does not find local channels. If I connect the cable running from the booster directly to the bedroom cable, local TV works fine.

If I put the splitter back, there is no local TV reception in the BR. To rule out a bad splitter, I replaced it with another splitter. Same result. My thought is that the 4-way splitter is introducing too much signal loss, -7db per connection, for the TV in the bedroom to find local channels. I do not have another TV available to test local reception at the bunk, loft or pass thru connections. I've spoken with 2 GD customer support persons who said they understood my problem, but had no answer. I can work with the direct connection to the BR TV at the moment, but may want to add another TV in the pass thru area for an outdoor TV this summer, so I need a good resolution
    Can I introduce a second signal booster just in front of the splitter at the pass thru?

Dennis
    If there aren't any loose coax connections, like the barrel couplers in the underbelly for the slideout cables, then maybe the 4 port splitter reduces the signal too much for that television's input.
    I wonder if a 4 port amplifier could replace the splitter in the passthru.
    Something like one of Antronix's - MRA4-8 might help.
    I don't have any experience with these newer amps. I've only used a 4 port distribution amp (Blonder-Tongue Starfire) years & years ago for the house OTA antenna.

One post about splitter causing bedroom television weak signal:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post285218
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found most of the coax connectors on my unit were installed incorrectly. I replaced all of them and made a huge diff. Also just for thought, Splitters do go bad a lot.