User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 ACs and no Energy Management?

We just purchased a 2020 Momentum 320G. We had to order it because our local dealer did not have one in stock. We ordered with basically every option.

I noticed today that I do not see an energy management system like I have seen on older models. Has GD changed how the 3 ACs work together? On our walk through at the dealer the service tech described just like I would expect with an energy management system but I do not see any indication of one.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.barnett71 View Post
    We just purchased a 2020 Momentum 320G. We had to order it because our local dealer did not have one in stock. We ordered with basically every option.

I noticed today that I do not see an energy management system like I have seen on older models. Has GD changed how the 3 ACs work together? On our walk through at the dealer the service tech described just like I would expect with an energy management system but I do not see any indication of one.

Thank you.
    Look at your order sheet. I looked at the GD site for build and price a 320G, there are two options for a 3rd AC. One includes the load management system and the other does not. Either it was incorrectly ordered or not built to the order specs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the order sheet for our camper and there is only one option for a 3rd AC and unfortunately it does not include the energy management system.

The online build and price does not match the 2020 order forms.

I guess my real question is how will the 3 ACs operate without the energy (load) management system?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A call to GD , have your build sheet and order sheet along with the vin number , should clear this up.

Brian

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a 50A service, which is actually 50Amps per hot leg, there will be two A/C units on one leg, and one unit being fed from the other hot leg....IF, it is wired correctly. That is the first thing I would check, making sure that you have two breakers on one side of the panel marked A/C. The other A/C unit should be fed from a third breaker, BUT on the other side of the breaker panel.....the other side meaning the other side of the main 50 amp breakers. If you find anything other than this setup, you need to either rewire it yourself or get it to a G.D. dealer for rewiring. So here is the bottom line. If two of them are on one side of the park, and both are running, that is an approx. current draw of 32-34 amps total. That side of the breaker buss is 50Amp capable, so you are still approx 15 amps away from being at max for that side. So you would have to then make sure that anything else that is running on that side isn't using more than the rest of that 15 available amps. Now the other side of the buss. One A/C running is using approx 15-16 amps maybe a little less. That leaves you with approx 35 amps remaining for that side. And again whatever else is running/being used cannot exceed that 50 amp total. Bottom line, you should have zero issues with running all three A/C units as long as the rest of the stuff is properly managed (this is what the power management system would have done for you)...AND..the campground has sufficient power coming into the park and pedestals.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies.

I spoke to GD customer service. The Energy (load) Management system is no longer an option for the G class Momentums. The A/Cs operate exactly as Xrated described above. GD did recommend that the A/Cs should be staggered on start up, starting up 2 at the most at one time when you initially turn them on.

This was my first experience calling customer service, they listened to my questions and called me back promptly once they consulting engineering for an answer.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to state in my previous response, if the unit is wired correctly, the side of the breaker panel that has two breaker on it for the A/C units should have one 15K BTU unit and one 13.5K BTU unit. The other side should have the other 15K BTU unit. Wiring it like that also cuts down on the total load on the side with two units....15-16 amps for the 15K and mayb 13 or so amps for the 13.5K unit.....instead of two 15K unit on one side which would be 30-32 amps on that side.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"