User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,

I do not want to go off in the weeds but I checked my U bolts and all front axle nuts were at 65 ft-lb. Two nuts on opposite U bolts on each side (4 total) were at 60 ft-lb. Each time I torque these, they require less rotation and torque to get back to spec.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMacGyver View Post
    Spoke with service advisor today. Said they replaced both slide motors and replaced my awning, which was was wrinkled and not closing properly. I asked about the springs and she said they told her they were “normal”. So, I told her to have them look again! Right side has a curve, but left (slide side) are flat as a pancake. To me you don’t have to do much more than eyeball the two sides to see there is something terribly wrong. I will update more when I hear back from them. Just wanted to keep you posted and I guess this is the proper thread.
    Patrick,
    Have you received any updates in what GD is providing on your springs?
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Patrick,
    Have you received any updates in what GD is providing on your springs?
    No, but I need to call. I will find out and post back tomorrow.
    ~Patrick

2018 Imagine 2400BH
    2016 GMC Yukon XL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been communicating through voicemails. No word yet on springs, but my last message let her know I need this addressed. They replaced both slide motors and then determined the schwintek rails needed to be replaced too! They are waiting for those parts now. As soon as I get word about the springs, I will post here.
    ~Patrick

2018 Imagine 2400BH
    2016 GMC Yukon XL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, well they are replacing all of my leaf springs, so I am feeling better. Will update when I hav more i fo. They have had my camper for about 6-7 weeks now! I forgot what it looks like!
    ~Patrick

2018 Imagine 2400BH
    2016 GMC Yukon XL

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, well they are replacing all of my leaf springs, so I am feeling better. Will update when I hav more i fo. They have had my camper for about 6-7 weeks now! I forgot what it looks like!
    Patrick,

Are they upgrading or installing the OEM springs? Take a look at your clearance with the rig level side to side and front to back and see what your clearance is after the spring swap.
    Thanks for the update.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Midwest camper: Not sure, but I will ask and let you know. After several voice mails back and forth, I really felt like they were going to tell me they were normal. So this message telling me they were replacing all 4 springs made me happy. I will find out what they are replacing them with and post back. I am pretty confident they were flat the day I took delivery I just didn’t notice. When I am took delivery I was two weeks away from a two week trip. I noticed the springs by the first stop. Kept inspecting them and knew something was not right. Anyhow, I will find out and post back. Hopefully not whatever I had from the factory, because they didn’t work so good!
    ~Patrick

2018 Imagine 2400BH
    2016 GMC Yukon XL

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Midwest camper: Not sure, but I will ask and let you know. After several voice mails back and forth, I really felt like they were going to tell me they were normal. So this message telling me they were replacing all 4 springs made me happy. I will find out what they are replacing them with and post back. I am pretty confident they were flat the day I took delivery I just didn’t notice. When I am took delivery I was two weeks away from a two week trip. I noticed the springs by the first stop. Kept inspecting them and knew something was not right. Anyhow, I will find out and post back. Hopefully not whatever I had from the factory, because they didn’t work so good!
    Interesting that you felt they were already bent as I also felt the same way. I just did not run across anything that would have bent my right side springs. I've got several trips under my belt with the new suspension and other than the right side sitting 1/4 inch lower than the left it has remained stable.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2800bh with the same issue and my dealer just called me to say that Grand Design/Dexter had approved the replacement of my 3500 lbs axles with 4400 lbs axles.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sitruc1978 View Post
    I have a 2800bh with the same issue and my dealer just called me to say that Grand Design/Dexter had approved the replacement of my 3500 lbs axles with 4400 lbs axles.
    GDRV just confirmed with me that this is also ok to do for the LCI axles and springs. They tell me the mounting points are slightly different between LCI and Dexter and recommend staying with the OEM brand Axles when moving up from 3500 lb to 4400 lb.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast