Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Black Tank

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Tank

My black tank will not close, I have ordered a new valve and cable, my question is, Do I have to drop the coroplast to work on the tank or can I just cut open an observation panel, do the repairs and then tape it shut with Gorilla tape. I have installed an outside valve while I am waiting to do repairs but this does not allow me to drain the grey tanks more often as they do fill faster. Thanks for the help Also any help on where the black tank is specifically located.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob(cate&rob) did a PDF writeup on reworking his plumbing. It's in the Plumbing and Water Systems > Plumbing System Rebuild - 2015 Reflection 303RLS
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...system+rebuild
    It has some pictures of the tanks that are on either side of the sewer outlet pipe.
    Since the black tank is usually more toward the front of the rig, might be able to remove coroplast fastening screws near the front for several feet and drop down to have enough room to work on the valve.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Black Tank Valve - Cate&Rob.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	20427
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can drop it or cut a hole. Some people don't like the hole, would rather drop it. I don't mind the hole and seal it up after and it is really all the same thing. I find dropping it to be a real PIA to put back up when you are by yourself. YMMV.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Tedrich

Part of the problem is that all three tanks are connected to a common drain manifold. There is no way to get one gate valve out without at least loosening the other two. You will need access to the full width of the underbelly . . . you might as well drop the coroplast from the front. I cut this manifold into three sections to make it easier to manage. See my earlier post in Gene’s link.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS