User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 90 elbow on the nautilus P1 black valve is weeping water.

The lower threaded 90 elbow on the black valve of the Nautilus P1 is weeping water. Can the elbow be tightened or is it part of the valve assembly?

Also it looks like I have to replace the threaded swivel fitting on that lower 90 elbow. It leaks every time I power fill the water tank. On inspection who ever installed the panel and lines pinched the rubber gasket on the fitting.

When looking at the leak I noticed a little drip from the valve 90 elbow.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If things are threaded, use gray (thicker) Teflon tape on any fittings. To the side of my Kantleak valve, I had a small leak that took 20 minutes to repair. That conglomeration of nylon piping was designed and assembled by Grand Design.

My campground has 25 rental trailers. All their piping repairs are not done with PEX. They do repairs with nylon fittings that screw together.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyojimbobb View Post
    The lower threaded 90 elbow on the black valve of the Nautilus P1 is weeping water. Can the elbow be tightened or is it part of the valve assembly?

Also it looks like I have to replace the threaded swivel fitting on that lower 90 elbow. It leaks every time I power fill the water tank. On inspection who ever installed the panel and lines pinched the rubber gasket on the fitting.

When looking at the leak I noticed a little drip from the valve 90 elbow.
    We had the same exact issues with those two fittings, I was able to tighten the elbow enough to finish our trip. There was still a small leak but I just kept an eye on it and some rags underneath. Since we were already taking the unit in for some warranty repair for the windows, I had them look at the leak as well. They ended up replacing the fittings. We are still waiting to pick it up to see if it is in fact free of leaks now. Dealer also discovered a couple of missing crimps on the water lines, which luckily hadn't developed a leak yet. I would try the teflon tape method that @Bamaman mentioned.
    Last edited by Pawsitive Camping Life; 07-13-2019 at 04:54 PM.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Teflon tape is used to improve the seal between tapered pipe thread fittings. This is not a connection used very often in GDRV plumbing systems. Also, GDRV does not use hose clamps, all non-threaded connections are clamped with Pex crimp rings. The most common threaded connection is a knurled nut compressing a cone washer. The cone washer can be easily replaced, if tightening the nut will not solve the leak. The other common source of drip leaks is where "soft hose" plumbing has been crimped to a Pex fitting with a Pex clamp. The hose is too large an ID for a proper fit to the Pex part and will eventually work loose. There are many threads on these topics that can be found using the search tool. The attachment to post 1 of this thread will show you the parts and tools needed to repair any plumbing leaks. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...860#post171860

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Teflon tape is used to improve the seal between tapered pipe thread fittings. This is not a connection used very often in GDRV plumbing systems. Also, GDRV does not use hose clamps, all non-threaded connections are clamped with Pex crimp rings. The most common threaded connection is a knurled nut compressing a cone washer. The cone washer can be easily replaced, if tightening the nut will not solve the leak. The other common source of drip leaks is where "soft hose" plumbing has been crimped to a Pex fitting with a Pex clamp. The hose is too large an ID for a proper fit to the Pex part and will eventually work loose. There are many threads on these topics that can be found using the search tool. The attachment to post 1 of this thread will show you the parts and tools needed to repair any plumbing leaks. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...860#post171860

Rob
    I meant crimps (originally known as Oetiker Clamps), I edited my post to say that. Mine had pex lines missing crimps where they were connecting to fittings on the back of the panel, and on two tees per the service technician. Waiting to get my eyes in there to inspect their work. Either way I know I will be in there replacing the multitude of soft hoses that are currently there to pex.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS