User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seasoned RVers

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seasoned RVers

We are starting to shop for 5th wheel. We like the layout of the reflection 303rls.
    Our Tow vehicle is 2012 ram 3500 cummins short box.
    Currently tow a 32 foot bumper pull gross weight 9000 lbs gross manufactured by Outdoors RV La Grand Oregon.

A few questions for Grande Design owners.

Are the pulls in the waste tank valves on the 303 cables or rods?
    Any issues with the cables. Serious or other wise.
    Any Water panel issues( Anderson Kantleak)? What sort?
    We do a lot of dry camping is there a gravity feed port to fill the water tank? If not how is the water tank filled when dry camping? Currently when we dry camp I use water jugs to fill.
    I currently installed morryde cre 3000 wet bolt kit. Does the 303 come with wet bolts
    Currently we have shock absorbers..do you know if the 303 has them?

Has there been any issues with the OSB roof sheathing?

What fifth wheel hitch is recommended? Brand, slider type?

Over all how would you rate Grand Design? 10 would buy again 1 not again.

Sorry for the many questions.

We have just got the bugs sorted out in our trailer. Did lots of mods and too many repairs.

We Love the 303 layout with the opposing slides and island sink. We are snow birds for 6 months in southern USA...and would love having more living space in a trailer.

Many thanks
    Be kind, be safe,be careful, wear a mask, keep your distance
    Mulligan

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    We are starting to shop for 5th wheel. We like the layout of the reflection 303rls.
    Our Tow vehicle is 2012 ram 3500 cummins short box.
    Currently tow a 32 foot bumper pull gross weight 9000 lbs gross manufactured by Outdoors RV La Grand Oregon.

A few questions for Grande Design owners.

Are the pulls in the waste tank valves on the 303 cables or rods?
    Any issues with the cables. Serious or other wise.
    Any Water panel issues( Anderson Kantleak)? What sort?
    We do a lot of dry camping is there a gravity feed port to fill the water tank? If not how is the water tank filled when dry camping? Currently when we dry camp I use water jugs to fill.
    I currently installed morryde cre 3000 wet bolt kit. Does the 303 come with wet bolts
    Currently we have shock absorbers..do you know if the 303 has them?

Has there been any issues with the OSB roof sheathing?

What fifth wheel hitch is recommended? Brand, slider type?

Over all how would you rate Grand Design? 10 would buy again 1 not again.

Sorry for the many questions.

We have just got the bugs sorted out in our trailer. Did lots of mods and too many repairs.

We Love the 303 layout with the opposing slides and island sink. We are snow birds for 6 months in southern USA...and would love having more living space in a trailer.

Many thanks
    Be kind, be safe,be careful, wear a mask, keep your distance
    Mulligan
    Hello Mulligan....and welcome to the forum. I can't really help you with every question that you have since I own a Momentum and not the Reflection that you are asking about. I can help a little, and I'm sure that there will be some others drop by and hopefully can help you with your questions...

I don't believe that Grand Design uses the Kantleak system anymore. As far as I know, the Nautilus panels are used in the Grand Design trailers. I don't think any of the G.D. models come with shock absorbers from the factory. I'm a big fan of the B&W Companion brand of 5th Wheel hitch. It's solid, sturdy, made in the USA and has a reputation for quality and service if needed. As far as rating G.D, I have only had one other trailer before my Momentum, so not a lot to compare to. I have had very few issues with mine and I'm very please with it. Every brand of trailer out there will likely have a few issues here and there, some more than others. G.D. has built a solid reputation on excellent customer service with their products, and I've seen case after case of them coming through for the customer, sometimes when they really didn't have to. That, to me, speaks volumes about them and one of the reasons that I chose G.D. over the competition.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mulligan,

We were full-time 4-1/2 years in a Reflection 337RLS before getting our Solitude. I'll try to answer what I can:

Are the pulls in the waste tank valves on the 303 cables or rods? Any issues with the cables. Serious or other wise. Handles on rods connected to cables. We've never had an issue with them.

Any Water panel issues( Anderson Kantleak)? What sort? GD now uses the Nautilus panel. It's not as prone to valve failures as the old "Can Leak" system - but there's still a spaghetti mess behind the panel than many folks elect to clean up.

We do a lot of dry camping is there a gravity feed port to fill the water tank? If not how is the water tank filled when dry camping? Currently when we dry camp I use water jugs to fill. The fresh water tank is filled via the "city water" pressure port by setting the Nautilus panel to fill the tank.

I currently installed morryde cre 3000 wet bolt kit. Does the 303 come with wet bolts. I do not believe the Reflections come with wet bolts, but you'll have to check with GD on this one. Many people have installed the MORryde wet bolts and other suspension upgrades on their units.

Currently we have shock absorbers..do you know if the 303 has them? No GD RVs come with shock absorbers. Again, many folks have installed aftermarket kits themselves.

Has there been any issues with the OSB roof sheathing? The sheathing is 3/8" OSB designed for exterior use. We've never had an issue with it on either trailer (and I get up on the roof fairly frequently). As with all RVs, you need to inspect the roof and maintain the sealant regularly.

What fifth wheel hitch is recommended? Brand, slider type? There's not enough popcorn for this topic. I pulled our Reflection 337 with an Andersen Ultimate and we pull our Solitude with a PullRite OE series 18K (non-slider since we have a long-bed truck). Both hitches have performed well. It's like the old saying - if you ask three attorneys, you'll get four opinions..

Over all how would you rate Grand Design? 10 would buy again 1 not again. Quality of the product itself - perhaps slightly above average in this price range. Customer service - very good. We bought GD again - but we're only a single data point.

Hope this helps,

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just took delivery of a 2021 Reflection 311, I know, not a 303, but it did come with Morryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts from the factory.

If you want to use a jug to fill the water tank, you can set the panel to sanitize mode and use an open ended piece of hose to suck water from the jugs to the water tank using the water pump.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob...many many thanks for your quick reply. Your response is quite helpful. The more information I have the better the decision I can make.

Take care

Mulligan

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    Rob...many many thanks for your quick reply. Your response is quite helpful. The more information I have the better the decision I can make.

Take care

Mulligan
    You're welcome. Forum hint: If you're replying to a particular member, use the “Reply With Quote” next to “Reply” (as I have done here). The person to whom you are replying will receive a notification and it helps others know whom you are addressing. You can also tag using their user name and the "@" sign: @Mulligan. That will also generate a notification.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply...just a wee bit confused

Ft4now..when I winterize our trailer using the sanitize function I put the pump on water tank by pass. the pump now sucks the antifreeze direct from the jug into the hot and cold water lines...naturally the hot water tank is on bypass.

Have you dry camped and filled your water tank this way? Is there another valve To divert the water into the water tank?

Thanks again.

Mulligan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    You're welcome. Forum hint: If you're replying to a particular member, use the “Reply With Quote” next to “Reply” (as I have done here). The person to whom you are replying will receive a notification and it helps others know whom you are addressing. You can also tag using their user name and the "@" sign: @Mulligan. That will also generate a notification.

Rob
    Thanks again

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Hello Mulligan....and welcome to the forum. I can't really help you with every question that you have since I own a Momentum and not the Reflection that you are asking about. I can help a little, and I'm sure that there will be some others drop by and hopefully can help you with your questions...

I don't believe that Grand Design uses the Kantleak system anymore. As far as I know, the Nautilus panels are used in the Grand Design trailers. I don't think any of the G.D. models come with shock absorbers from the factory. I'm a big fan of the B&W Companion brand of 5th Wheel hitch. It's solid, sturdy, made in the USA and has a reputation for quality and service if needed. As far as rating G.D, I have only had one other trailer before my Momentum, so not a lot to compare to. I have had very few issues with mine and I'm very please with it. Every brand of trailer out there will likely have a few issues here and there, some more than others. G.D. has built a solid reputation on excellent customer service with their products, and I've seen case after case of them coming through for the customer, sometimes when they really didn't have to. That, to me, speaks volumes about them and one of the reasons that I chose G.D. over the competition.

Thanks xrated...your correct every brand has issues...our current trailer is no different. It’s how the problems are resolve which to me makes the difference.
    We have had superior service form ORV. Outdoors RV Manufacturing. They just don’t have the floor plan.

Again thanks
    Mulligan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    We just took delivery of a 2021 Reflection 311, I know, not a 303, but it did come with Morryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts from the factory.

If you want to use a jug to fill the water tank, you can set the panel to sanitize mode and use an open ended piece of hose to suck water from the jugs to the water tank using the water pump.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Not confused anymore...figured it out. My “ pea brain” was working overtime. There is a difference between Sanitize and antifreeze process. I’ll get use to the Nautilus system.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast