Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Level Indicators for Tanks

Another question about our brand new 22mle. our fresh water tank indicator will be red when empty, but the black and grey tanks even when empty (brand new) always have shown 1 green dot. I'm assuming this is normal?

The reason I ask is our first outing was from Friday 3pm to Sunday 11am and our grey water tank indicated full by the last day. Campground lost power which meant no water Saturday Night through leaving Sunday. We took 3 short showers using the off/on feature of the sprayer, I washed dishes 3x (Not a sink full) and we turned the water off when washing hands and yet...still indicated full.

Doesn't seem like we could have used 45 gallons of water in 30 hours.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    Another question about our brand new 22mle. our fresh water tank indicator will be red when empty, but the black and grey tanks even when empty (brand new) always have shown 1 green dot. I'm assuming this is normal?

The reason I ask is our first outing was from Friday 3pm to Sunday 11am and our grey water tank indicated full by the last day. Campground lost power which meant no water Saturday Night through leaving Sunday. We took 3 short showers using the off/on feature of the sprayer, I washed dishes 3x (Not a sink full) and we turned the water off when washing hands and yet...still indicated full.

Doesn't seem like we could have used 45 gallons of water in 30 hours.
    Totally "normal". Tank sensors (generally the black & greys) are notorious for inaccurate readings. Fresh water tank is usually better, but still can not be completely accurate on occasion.

I'll also mention the on/off feature of the shower (at least on our rig) really means that we use more water, since turning it back on, I have to wait for the hot water to make it back through the line to rinse off (can't do cold showers).

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate the response. I thought the indicators showing green would be typical.

When our shower head is off, it still drips a little to keep the flow coming. I didn't experience the shot of cold water once it was back on.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sensors aren't that reliable. We use the Geo Method in the black and grey which helps keep the sensors clean. Check out https://kleentank.com/the-geo-method/ . On our first few outings with our 22mle while trying to get a feel for her we noticed that after 3 or 4 days, our grey would be full and not our black by a lot. To gain more days and to balance things out a little between the black and gray, we started dumping our dish water in the toilet. We use a small plastic tub in the sink for washing dishes that takes up about half the sink. This also turns it into a dual sink RV style. [emoji6]
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not a bad idea. We use a little silicone pop up tub for our toddlers bath and for dishes. When we lost power and water I didn't have enough water in the black tank to empty it. Had I know I could have put previous water down the toilet.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over all the years, I have wondered why they can't get a system that is somewhat accurate. When I fill my water tank, I have a counter that goes on the end of my hose so I can put what I want in it.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sensors in our fresh water tank in our Imagine 2970 RL are way off. After completely filling the fresh water tank I could draw off a couple gallons and the indicator reads 3/4 tank. At a 1/4 tank it's probably more like a strong 1/3.

Regarding the shower on off thing. I wish I got cold water out of the shower after turning it back on. Rather, I have to hold the wash cloth in front of the shower head as scalding hot water comes out for a second or two.