User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Always attach to a tie down or something permanently attached to the truck." That's the rule for any sort of towed vehicle. The emergency brake cable attaches to the towing vehicle at a permanent spot.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I put a carabiner on the end of mine and clip it to the rear bed tie down.
    Ditto. DOT regulations require that the emergency breakaway be connected somewhere that is not repeat not the hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra&Ta350 View Post
    Ditto. DOT regulations require that the emergency breakaway be connected somewhere that is not repeat not the hitch
    Do you know where that is posted in the DOT regs? I have looked thru, both Federal and State, and all I find is what vehicles must have a breakaway but can't find anything on where it has to be attached. Can you help me out on finding this?
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=lorend;505831]Do you know where that is posted in the DOT regs? I have looked thru, both Federal and State, and all I find is what vehicles must have a breakaway but can't find anything on where it has to be attached. Can you help me out on finding this?

Check out the YouTube channel “Tractor Time with Tim” An episode titled “Uhoh! Tim Fails Inspection! Truck & Trailer Tuesday with Trooper Hoover” Trooper Hoover explained. Sorry I can’t do better. We are traveling and I don’t have my laptop or desktop computer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12