User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akcooper9 View Post
    Brian great post. Do you have an updated picture of this change?

This is on my list of things to do!
    I do not have an updated photo. I have done some other changes and added a few other things that would just confuse everybody on the wore colors. After doing this mod and the updates everything works the way it should. I have also relocated the disconnect to right above the battery to utilize the pass thru storage. If I did it again I would just buy one of the disconnects that others have links to in this thread and replace the OEM one that is in the camper. I think the OEM one is ok but the ones in the links here are a little better quality.

Thanks
    Brian

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the modified version of a 28BH. I ran out of time to move the 12v charge wire from the truck through the 7 pin connector but that will only take a moment.

Thank you for posting this. It was the motivation needed for me to move forward with adjusting mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190917_184801.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	22695

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old thread revival!

Does anyone know where the bus bar is on a 2800bh? I wanted to rework the GD battery disconnect to shut off everything completely but I can't find it. I looked behind the factory switch, just a red wire coming out of, and going back into the abyss of the coroplast. I also don't remember seeing it when I replaced my converter.

Thanks in advance!
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimitedmatt View Post
    Old thread revival!

Does anyone know where the bus bar is on a 2800bh? I wanted to rework the GD battery disconnect to shut off everything completely but I can't find it. I looked behind the factory switch, just a red wire coming out of, and going back into the abyss of the coroplast. I also don't remember seeing it when I replaced my converter.

Thanks in advance!
    Look in the other direction of the battery disconnect, it's usually upstream of the switch. Try starting at the battery and follow the red wire, it's most likely on the trailer tongue somewhere, perhaps on the underside and hopefully protected from the outdoor elements.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Look in the other direction of the battery disconnect, it's usually upstream of the switch. Try starting at the battery and follow the red wire, it's most likely on the trailer tongue somewhere, perhaps on the underside and hopefully protected from the outdoor elements.

I'm pretty sure it would be right in front of me if I would open up the coroplast, I was hoping for an easy answer. I'm not sure if I want to break the seal or just install a switch on the battery box.

I am installing a RVLock Box to hold my newish lithium battery and was trying to avoid cutting a hole in my new $180 box. I had no problem cutting the plastic box with my old battery.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure it would be right in front of me if I would open up the coroplast, I was hoping for an easy answer. I'm not sure if I want to break the seal or just install a switch on the battery box.

I am installing a RVLock Box to hold my newish lithium battery and was trying to avoid cutting a hole in my new $180 box. I had no problem cutting the plastic box with my old battery.
    If you are just looking for a true disconnect switch, it might be easier just to add one after your new battery box. There are plenty of small water tight enclosures you could buy and mount it somewhere after the battery box, then no need to dig into everything. You might even be able to find a marine version that is ok to be exposed to the outdoor elements and eliminate the need for another box to mount. Blue Sea Systems is the popular choice on this forum and they have decent products, I would check them out. The coroplast isnt exactly "sealed" , but I understand not wanting to open it up unless necessary.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travel Trailer's are usually on the frame just behind the front, usually just one or 2 auto resetting circuit breakers:

2400BH

Name:	TT CB on Frame 2400BH - jh.xsnrg.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	27650
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Travel Trailer's are usually on the frame just behind the front, usually just one or 2 auto resetting circuit breakers:

2400BH

Name:	TT CB on Frame 2400BH - jh.xsnrg.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	27650
    Yes, I have a similar setup. I'm thinking that it is not possible to use the factory battery switch to kill everything since that breaker is upstream from the kill switch. I have another wire coming off that circuit breaker that I'm guessing powers the nanny stuff.

Name:	20200626_153159.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	27654
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I have a similar setup. I'm thinking that it is not possible to use the factory battery switch to kill everything since that breaker is upstream from the kill switch. I have another wire coming off that circuit breaker that I'm guessing powers the nanny stuff.
    Usually the break-away switch and maybe tongue jack wired on the battery side of the CB.
    My guess at a TT w/o power stabilizers wiring on the frame. DC Fuses are just based off what I have.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TT OEM Wiring 30A CB on Frame, Manual Stabilizers.pdf  
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Usually the break-away switch and maybe tongue jack wired on the battery side of the CB.
    My guess at a TT w/o power stabilizers wiring on the frame. DC Fuses are just based off what I have.
    Your diagram makes perfect sense. Looks like I'm going with a master disconnect at the battery.

Now to tackle the 'what side to install it on' debate: negative side or the positive side...
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234