User Tag List

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Unfortunately, there are people here that can’t blame their spelling on autocorrect or the lack thereof or being lazy or any other excuse. They actually think trailer “breaks” is correct.

Sad, but true.
    LOL, I thought their trailer was broken.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, I understand the spelling and grammar thing, being from WV sometimes its hard to understand the language of some folks when they speak. Not me of course its just "some folks". So when many of us type we sometimes type as if we were talking to each other, in which we understand!LOL Anyway, the thing that makes me cringe like someone scraping their fingernails down a chalkboard, is when someone says " My hot water heater isn't working", or "I need to turn the hot water heater on". Why do so many people have to heat hot water? Its always been a "water heater"! Geez LOL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sellis View Post
    ok, I understand the spelling and grammar thing, being from WV sometimes its hard to understand the language of some folks when they speak. Not me of course its just "some folks". So when many of us type we sometimes type as if we were talking to each other, in which we understand!LOL Anyway, the thing that makes me cringe like someone scraping their fingernails down a chalkboard, is when someone says " My hot water heater isn't working", or "I need to turn the hot water heater on". Why do so many people have to heat hot water? Its always been a "water heater"! Geez LOL
    I'm guilty!
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sellis View Post
    Funny! My neighbor was labeling things on his trailer and one of his labels said "hot water heater." So I asked him why he needs to heat his hot water? After a moment of blank look he laughed and changed it. I image to avoid future jokes
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One must also consider that the spelling errors are not intentional for most. I am not a fantastic speller, it is what it is.

Take my wife, 44 years old, excellent with spelling, writing, avid and voracious reader, unreal with math and a very vivid and detailed memory. Until January 1st 2020 that is. She suffered bacterial meningitis and has residual brain damage, she now can barely comprehend what she reads. She no longer processes math in her head as you flow numbers to her verbally or in written form, she forgets constantly and repeats things many times over days. She is forever changed from the attack.
    2020.5 Reflection 311BHS Dual AC, 2019 Ram 2500 Bighorn Level 2, 3.73 / 392 Hemi 14,404.34 lb towing and 3,004.34 payload, 2019 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB CC/LB, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2014 Wrangler Willys Edition, 2019 Iron Bull 14K 22' Equipment Trailer, 2019 Quality Trailers 7K 18' Utility Trailer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was not saying that you all should stop blasting each other! I was just saying that sometimes your in mixed company with varying financial, educational and health issues that you may not be aware of. I have to try hard to remind myself that not everyone can afford to make my bad decisions, I assume everyone has at least my own level of disposable income. And I assume you are all healthy as me and able to do all of your own work on anything... lift anything... drink anything... work in the heat or cold.... blah blah. But I have to remember that I am lucky, I am a 50 year old non medicated and fully employed engineer at a nuclear station who is currently living the American dream of health, wealth and prosperity. Not every one is so lucky, and tomorrow I may find myself on the wrong side of that luck.

But if my wife posts.... she going to likely screw it up, and may forget why she is typing right in the middle of a paragraph. Yesterday as a matter of fact, we were at dinner and she starts to tell me a story about our granddaughter and half way through... she stops and looks mad. She has no clue what she was heading towards. I recanted what she said so far.... Nope. Nothing. That is weird stuff.

So yinz all go on ahead and play. I don't know about yinz guys, but I am not offend-able.

Yinz is Pittsburgh for You all, Y'all, You'enz and whatever other screwed up ways that the rest of yinz say yinz!
    2020.5 Reflection 311BHS Dual AC, 2019 Ram 2500 Bighorn Level 2, 3.73 / 392 Hemi 14,404.34 lb towing and 3,004.34 payload, 2019 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB CC/LB, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2014 Wrangler Willys Edition, 2019 Iron Bull 14K 22' Equipment Trailer, 2019 Quality Trailers 7K 18' Utility Trailer

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a messed up thread. Somebody can't spell or speak proper English - who cares? This is a forum about GD RV's. Somebody's knowledge about and ability to fix GD RV's is way more important (for this forum) then their ability to spell.

This is not an english language forum, it's a GD RV forum.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have OCD so poor writing bothers me (and I'm no expert writer). I don't get upset. It just doesn't look right and messes with my head.

We have a super nice guy that lives nearby. He would give you the shirt off his back. A very humble and unassuming man who was a highly successful businessman. Started with nothing and ended up wealthy. The first time I got an email from him I thought it was a joke. By far the worst writing I've ever seen in my life. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, missed words (or sentences), run on paragraphs - you name it. It was as if he tried as hard as he could to break every writing rule there was. You really had to work hard to understand what he wrote. I learned over time that it wasn't a joke. That's actually how he writes. He speaks normally. I was stunned to learn that a man who wrote this poorly could even succeed in business, let alone thrive.

There are lessons to be learned every day...
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Improper use of the apostrophe when people use it to make something plural is my peeve. There, I said it.
    Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m a newbie here and one thing I noticed right away is the assumption that if you own an RV then you obviously can afford whatever. I asked a question about towing with a 1/2 ton and the answers mostly ran along the lines of “no way, and why would anybody bother with a useless 3/4 ton - just get a 1-ton diesel and be done with it.” I know they’re probably good folks, but many of the replies seemed arrogant.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast