User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I've read that frame manufacturer Lippert has approved use of the Reese Goose Box without impact on frame warranty.
    This is true - but mainly because of a financially advantageous business agreement between Reese and Lippert - not because of sound engineering decisions.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    What more can you ask for?
    Air bags!! Hey, you asked...
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Andersen, gooseball version. To alleviate any concerns on truck bed deflection, Andersen recommends placing a rubber mat underneath the hitch.

If I was going this again however, I’d look at that Goosebox option. I’ve read a few users have had issues with the Goosebox losing air pressure. How wide of a problem that is, I can’t say. But it definitely is enticing to have a clean bed and not having to remove the hitch.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a sticker on the side of the hitch that gives you a range. If it’s in the green area your good if it drops below you add air. I do need to add air semi regularly. I have an onboard compressor and tank on the truck so it’s easy. I think the relief valve is the reason it loses air. A few have just removed the valve and solved the problem. I may do that also.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m running the Anderson 3100 ranch hitch , works great .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t see anybody mention big truck big rv’s YouTube channel. He speaks about his conversion to a goosebox and is pretty detailed about the whys, the process, and does a review/test drive.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-kZoQFoSH34

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=doGxz-4u1_A

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OtwfBStzX5s

///chile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d be curious to see how close that goosebox gets to the bedrails in a tight turn. I didn’t see a tight turn in the driving review video. It seems bedrail-goosebox clearance would be extra sensitive to ground slope.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    I’d be curious to see how close that goosebox gets to the bedrails in a tight turn. I didn’t see a tight turn in the driving review video. It seems bedrail-goosebox clearance would be extra sensitive to ground slope.
    That's a good question, can't say I've ever noticed it getting close. I'll try and remember to take a pic next time I get the trailer.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    That's a good question, can't say I've ever noticed it getting close. I'll try and remember to take a pic next time I get the trailer.
    @backtrack2015 I believe there's a particular concern with the 2017+ Ford Superduty trucks like yours (and mine).

@JKellerJr's experience with his GMC won't necessarily mean there's no risk for us... our rails are reportedly about 3" higher than they were on earlier models.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    @backtrack2015 I believe there's a particular concern with the 2017+ Ford Superduty trucks like yours (and mine).

@JKellerJr's experience with his GMC won't necessarily mean there's no risk for us... our rails are reportedly about 3" higher than they were on earlier models.
    I'll take some measurements of bed height etc. should help give others an idea on the off brand trucks.

I also don't think I would be running it on a short bed. If I had a short bed I would be running a slider also
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast