Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No water flow on cold side; plenty on hot side

I've been at this for a while, but this is a new one on me. De-winterized as usual, flushed and sanitized everything. Trailer was hooked to city water at the house and all was normal. Took our first trip to a nearby park and hooked up as usual. Now there is no flow on the cold water side. The hot side flows as normal and water heater is hot. I have no idea what could cause this. The valves on the KantLeak (never has) panel have not been moved since system was functioning at home. Water pressure seems high here but my regulator was set to 50 lbs. I lowered it to 40lbs. to see if that would make a difference. No luck. I shut off the outside shower head and opened both valves. As expected, hot water backflowed through the cold water side, but when I turned off the shower valves...same problem.
    Anybody have an idea what this could be? I understand this stuff pretty well, but this one has me stumped!

Safe Trave;s.

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind. For reasons I cannot explain, removing the water filter cartridge (fresh out of the box) restored cold water flow. I will need to investigate this more thoroughly when I get home.

Safe Travels.

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you were able to identify the issue. I would be interested in what your investigation reveals.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Jim View Post
    Never mind. For reasons I cannot explain, removing the water filter cartridge (fresh out of the box) restored cold water flow. I will need to investigate this more thoroughly when I get home. Safe Travels. Jim
    Strange. You likely know that all your incoming city water - including the water for the hot water heater - passes through that filter so removing the filter should not have solved the problem.

Please post when you get it figured out.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch