User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weight issues

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you would be better off loading as much as you can into your 5th wheel so that cargo weight does not fully impact your total weight on your truck. The farther back it is placed in the 5th wheel, the less it impacts your vehicle. Of course you need to stay under your trailer axle weights. Whew....I used to do that with extreme calculations when I had a large bumper pull and a F150. As you have seen by the numbers, you have plenty left over per axle but the total of the loaded axles are right at max GVWR. It becomes a shell game when you are near max GVWR.. Be careful.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Payload

Quote Originally Posted by GaryinGlobe View Post
    I have a 2019 Ford F-350 SRW with a max payload of 3371 lbs and a GVWR of 11500 lbs. my rig is a 2020 Solitude 344GK. GVWR 16800. I’ve been told here and other places that I need a dually with more payload capacity. We are newbie weekend warriors. I had my rig weighed on a Cat scale. Results were as follows: Steer Axle 4960. Drive Axle 6520. Trailer Axle 11180. Total Axle 22660.
    By my calculations i am under max weight on both tv axles and on GCVWR (28700). The only one close is GVW on the tv which is 11480, 20lbs under.
    My question is am I ok at these weights or do i really need a dually?
    Thanks
    My question who is going to check you? My insurance agent said I still have Insurance if I was over weight on my truck. The problem would occur if there was a fatality and you were at fault. I load some of my heavier items in the rear of trailer rather than in the slide thru. No one on here ever asked the question if your licence plates have the correct tonnage for the load. A friend of mine that was a DOT officer said he was to leave campers alone.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NASCAR9 View Post
    I would say you're good to go. Even if you end up 100 lbs. over I wouldn't worry about it. You're not talking about being 500-1000+ over, just right on the line.
    I have the same trailer model and year and pull it with a 2019 F350 diesel crew cab. We have margin on weight and I haven’t had any issues even pulling up over the grapevine in California. It isn’t a dually. I had considered an F250 but looked over the numbers and decided i had comfortable margin with the F350.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. What kind of hitch are you using? Are you happy with it?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the tv tires rated for?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    What are the tv tires rated for?
    3750 lbs each. Michelin LTX A/T P275/65R20
    Last edited by GaryinGlobe; 06-24-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJon2017! View Post
    I have the same trailer model and year and pull it with a 2019 F350 diesel crew cab. We have margin on weight and I haven’t had any issues even pulling up over the grapevine in California. It isn’t a dually. I had considered an F250 but looked over the numbers and decided i had comfortable margin with the F350.
    Thanks. What kind of hitch are you using? Are you happy with it?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using an Andersen hitch. Works fine and is something I can install myself. In other words, it’s not heavy. Learned the hard way about limited turning radius. No issues with equipment, operator error.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJon2017! View Post
    Using an Andersen hitch. Works fine and is something I can install myself. In other words, it’s not heavy. Learned the hard way about limited turning radius. No issues with equipment, operator error.
    Thanks. I use the Andersen too. Same turning issues. Like the ease of hook-unhook.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael C. View Post
    My question who is going to check you?

Wow, I had to read your statement 3 times before responding. Who’s going to check you? That is not the point in a civilized society. Because someone doesn’t check does not make it ok. It’s called taking personal responsibility.

The OP asked “am I ok with these weights”, not can I get away with this until someone catches me.

C’mon, this is part of the bigger problem of today’s society, that being “it’s all about me” or “what can I get away with”.
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    Titan Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000 with X Factor Crossmember
    2022 GMC 3500HD Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW 6’ box
    Factory 5th/Gooseneck Prep with 20K Reese Goosebox

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast