Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing locks

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Jim View Post
    Another vote for rvlocksandmore. I went from 3 keys to a keyed-alike setup with a secure key code for around 80 bucks. It took me 30-40 minutes to replace 2 door latches, 2 slam latches and 2 cam locks.

Safe Travels.

Jim
    I looked at the baggage locks. On the 2021 they are rivoted onto the inside of the trim. The remaining screws look easy to remove. This doesn't look like an easy exchange.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radcolt View Post
    I looked at the baggage locks. On the 2021 they are rivoted onto the inside of the trim. The remaining screws look easy to remove. This doesn't look like an easy exchange.
    That is the backing plate that is riveted in. You can leave the backing plate in place when you change the lock. My backing plates were plastic and the new locks came with a metal backing plates, so I drilled out the rivets and used the metal backing plates.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you replace and rekey just the the cam or the whole lock? I hav the door, 2 slam locks and 2 cam locks in the front. Not sure what to buy or replace. I was going to call rvlocks and more to ask. I assume someone here already knows.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dshartin View Post
    Do you replace and rekey just the the cam or the whole lock? I hav the door, 2 slam locks and 2 cam locks in the front. Not sure what to buy or replace. I was going to call rvlocks and more to ask. I assume someone here already knows.
    I actually replaced 4 locks. 3 Slam locks, 2 for the big door on the passenger side and one on the driver side and one cam lock for the front compartment. On the slam locks, I drilled out the rivets and replaced the plastic backings with the metal ones that came with the new locks. The cam lock for the front compartment was just a direct replacement.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    B&W Companion Slider

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changing locks

I’m a newbie with a 2021 imagine 2400bh. I’m sure I can handle to swap outs of the cam locks but I don’t think they are all the same size. There are 2 cargo doors and outdoor kitchen door. Plus the entry door.

Does anyone know the sizes so I do not have to remove and measure?

Thanks so much. You all are great!

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jboleske; 01-17-2021 at 12:32 PM.
    Jeff and Maureen
    Jersey Born and Raised
    2021 Ram 1500 5.7L, 3.92 Axle Ratio
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radcolt View Post
    Sorry about the link, but that is the lock. I looked it up on Amazon and it seems that recent reviews of this lock are not as good. I figured maybe they have either switched where they are manufactured or they changed the design or used cheaper parts. I think I will give it a try anyway.

Looks like only a few people on the forum have swapped out the slam hatch locks (my second question). Almost all these campers are made in Indiana where I live. My dealer told me that about 90% of the locks are all keyed the same which I never realized. The compartment lock on my 2021 303 RLS looks like the same type of lock on my previous 2013 Forest River fifth wheel, so it wouldn’t surprise me. I have never had anything stolen at a campground since most campers tend to look out for one another so this is more of an issue while on the road. A thief is more likely to use a crowbar and not a camper key.
    I have changed all of the compartment locks on my 2020 303RLS to the same key as the front door lock. There are master keys that work the handle lock, but not the dead bolt.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    B&W Companion Slider

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12