User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 solitude 310gk and 2020 ford f-350

Good morning all, newbie to fifth wheeling, we are seriously considering buying a 310gk solitude, along with purchasing a 2020 ford f-350 crewcab 4x4 standard bed (6.75) single rear wheel, would up grade to 8k axles , no generator, but option in washer and dryer, dual pane windows, loading coach with minimal gear , and carrying just enough fresh water to use toilet while on road, we are not full timers , casual use only, my question is will this truck be good enough as far as pin weight etc? I understand a dually would be best , but I want truck to fit in my garage, and be able to use truck around town when not towing, Have been looking at Artic fox 29 5t , very well built rvs built in Oregon where I live, but we like grand design features better. Anyone have the same setup that could share pin weights? Thank you John

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2020 310GK-R puts 3,320 lbs. on the pin loaded. That's with dual pane windows. slide toppers, factory solar, and stacked washer and dryer - but no generator and with LiFePO4 batteries which are half the weight of lead/acid. SRW 1-ton trucks aren't all optioned the same and have a range of payload figures. You'll have to be careful how you configure the truck (for example, 4WD and diesel drive trains both reduce the payload). I would not be comfortable towing our 310 with a single rear wheel truck - nor a short bed truck without a sliding hitch (which is heavy and adds even more weight).

As for the 8K axles, if we didn't have the MORryde independent suspension, I would have definitely go for the 8K axles/disc brakes/H tires upgrade. Otherwise, the 310 is skinny on cargo carrying capacity.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, will take that into consideration, really want to stay with solitude line, but may have to consider reflection or something lighter

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by treelog View Post
    Thank you, will take that into consideration, really want to stay with solitude line, but may have to consider reflection or something lighter
    Just FYI - the Reflection 337RLS is almost identical to the Solitude 310GK... but our 2016 Reflection 337 put 3,100 lbs. on the pin loaded (without W/D or the other options I mentioned above). The Reflection 303 without a bed slide doesn't put as much on the pin. From the bathroom back, it's very similar to the 337.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have the same setup that could share pin weights?
    Hi John

We have a 2020 F-350 SRW diesel and a 2020 Solitude 310GK-R. Like you, I wanted a truck I could fit in my garage and drive around town a little easier. If you get the F-350 SRW diesel, you will likely be right at your truck's payload rating which should be around 3,500-3,600lbs depending on how your particular truck is equipped. Our pin weight is around 3,200. We have a combo washer/dryer and no generator. The 310GK is the only Solitude I'd be comfortable towing with an SRW F-350 diesel. I see a lot of people towing the larger Solitudes and even Momentums with F-250's but that's outside my comfort zone.

The 2020 Powerstroke and new 10 speed are a potent combination. You will have PLENTY of power for any 5th wheel. Payload is always the limiting factor.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    treelog,

We've got a 2019 310GK-R and 2018 F-350, SB, SRW. You can see what I have in my signature. So far, so good. We love it and it's our second SB,SRW. Weighed when loaded we had just under 2800 lbs on the pin. All together I'm at the limit of my trucks GVWR tho.

I have a 37 gallong auxiliary tank in the bed and an auto slider too (Demco Hijacker). Combo W/D, 4 AGM batteries too. Also dual pane windows and we travel with maybe 1/3 tank of fresh water. You could save some truck weight by eliminating the aux tank and getting a manual slider.

We've got about 15,000 miles towing and 45,000 miles on the truck and are thoroughly enjoying it. We don't full time but are gone from 3 days to 6 months.

It was a requirement that my truck fit comfortably in my (very large) garage which would fit a dually and the extra 18" of a long bed. But I didn't want to have to lug all that truck around when sightseeing and exploring trails & dirt roads when traveling and trying to fit through drive throughs and in small lots at many trails and sightseeing spots.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning all, newbie to fifth wheeling, we are seriously considering buying a 310gk solitude, along with purchasing a 2020 ford f-350 crewcab 4x4 standard bed (6.75) single rear wheel, would up grade to 8k axles , no generator, but option in washer and dryer, dual pane windows, loading coach with minimal gear , and carrying just enough fresh water to use toilet while on road, we are not full timers , casual use only, my question is will this truck be good enough as far as pin weight etc? I understand a dually would be best , but I want truck to fit in my garage, and be able to use truck around town when not towing, Have been looking at Artic fox 29 5t , very well built rvs built in Oregon where I live, but we like grand design features better. Anyone have the same setup that could share pin weights? Thank you John
    There have been multiple discussions (with data) on this exact combination. You can find them with the search function. When I was trying to find pin weights (before we bought our 310GK), I was seeing loaded pin weights from 2,800# to 3,350#. We typically run 2,900# +/- 50# depending on how much fresh water we carry (more fresh = less pin weight). Grey tanks are empty and black has ~5 gallon charge in it. I am comfortable pulling it with my F350 SRW (11,500# GVWR, 3,253# payload), but it am right at the limit. I personally would not want to pull any heavier trailer with this truck.

On the truck side, I know you said you wanted to put it in your garage and a long bed maybe out of the question, but for the 2020 models a long bed (8'), crew cab, 4x4 with the diesel has a GVWR of 12,400# and a 48 gallon fuel tank. All other SRW F350 have an 11,500# (non-derated) GVWR and a smaller fuel tank. Also, I really like the soother ride of the long bed crew cab, but it does have a rather large turning radius.

Chris

We have a basic (no options) stock trailer.
    Last edited by CoChris; 09-28-2020 at 04:48 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all your reply’s, I did check with my local ford dealer and he looked up specs for truck I was interested in , with truck exactly how I would order came in at 3950 payload, so figuring possibly 3000 pin weight and 350 lbs for passengers (2)) and 250 lbs sliding hitch and a few tools , very few ,I would still be under ,but damn close ,I believe the gmc 3500 has around 4100 lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all your reply’s, I did check with my local ford dealer and he looked up specs for truck I was interested in , with truck exactly how I would order came in at 3950 payload, so figuring possibly 3000 pin weight and 350 lbs for passengers (2)) and 250 lbs sliding hitch and a few tools , very few ,I would still be under ,but damn close ,I believe the gmc 3500 has around 4100 lb payload
    Also add in a full tank of gas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    john and betty
    2019 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axle ratio
    2020 GD Solitude 310GK
    "Wherever you go, there you are" -Buckaroo Banzai

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Believe 3500 SRW was around 4100lb on GM spec sheet before options. My 2020 3500 SRW SB 4x4 Duramax has payload of 3727lb. Another silverado with sim specs was 50lb more on payload (dont believe it had two alternators). Should have checked the two SLT models I went to dealer on but we couldnt even get close on price so never even test drove.
    Last edited by Wynn1427; 09-29-2020 at 07:47 PM.
    2020 GMC 3500 Denali SRW SB Duramax 4x4
    2021 Reflection 31MB Goosebox 16k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast