User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is all incoming water filtered?

Hi everyone, I'm the recent owner of a Momentum 395ms and have been reading this forum for the last six months or so as I was trying to learn as much as possible about RVs. My rig came equipped with a single stage water filter in the wet bay, and I was wondering how it filters the water going to the fresh tank? Is the water filtered before going in the tank when using the PowerFILL mode? And is the water also filtered when going through the auxiliary fresh waster tank inlet?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alkbch View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm the recent owner of a Momentum 395ms and have been reading this forum for the last six months or so as I was trying to learn as much as possible about RVs. My rig came equipped with a single stage water filter in the wet bay, and I was wondering how it filters the water going to the fresh tank? Is the water filtered before going in the tank when using the PowerFILL mode? And is the water also filtered when going through the auxiliary fresh waster tank inlet?
    @alkbch, looks like you have the standard OEM setup I have. If I understand my setup correctly, the filter is setup “prior” to your “house” faucets and would filter water between your fresh water tank & your faucets. This explains why some folks (including me) use an inline filter at the “city water” connection. I do not believe the city water connection is filtered through the OEM filter in the wet bay. So if you are filling your fresh water tank using the PowerFILL mode, you are filling the tank directly & not through the filter. If I am incorrect, I’m sure someone will hopefully enlighten us! Hope this helps. -Diego
    Last edited by Gran Casita; 01-17-2021 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Clarified response.

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Casita View Post
    @alkbch, looks like you have the standard OEM setup I have. If I understand my setup correctly, the filter is setup “prior” to your “house” faucets and would filter water between your fresh water tank & your faucets. This explains why some folks (including me) use an inline filter at the “city water” connection. I do not believe the city water connection is filtered through the OEM filter in the wet bay. If I am incorrect, I’m sure someone will hopefully enlighten us! Hope this helps. -Diego
    The OEM setup filters all the incoming water including the city water connection and the water going to the fw tank.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    The OEM setup filters all the incoming water including the city water connection and the water going to the fw tank.
    Thanks Bungy, I stand corrected. Good to know. Stay safe! -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both. I did some testing this afternoon and it seems the water goes through the filter in PowerFILL & city water modes when the hose is connected to the main white inlet; but not when the hose is hooked up to the "auxiliary fresh water tank fill" inlet.