User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jboleske View Post
    Thanks for all the supportive suggestions. I like the idea of not being limited by the quick connect hose for the Blackstone. Plus, my son loves to tailgate and he will borrow it and I'd rather not have to swap out hoses.

By the way, I see the Blackstone Tailgater on Amazon for about $245. I got mine on sale at BJs for $129 - great deal!

I think we are about ready to roll. Last question - - Are my Westlake tires going to hold up? I see so many differing opinions. How often should i pull over and let them cool?

Thanks all
    Pull over to let them cool?????

What is that?

I guarantee most if not all tire failures are the fault of the operator
    Lack of air
    Overloaded
    Bearings bad
    Bent axle
    Or the big one which is unavoidable most times is hitting road debris

Invest in a tpms

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we are about ready to roll. Last question - - Are my Westlake tires going to hold up? I see so many differing opinions. How often should i pull over and let them cool?

Thanks all
    This is a decision each of us must make for ourselves, I chose Goodyear Endurance.
    This question always reminds me of the American revolution against England.
    1/3 of the people wanted independence.
    1/3 of the people wanted to remain dependent on England.
    1/3 of the people did not care.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    This is a decision each of us must make for ourselves, I chose Goodyear Endurance.
    This question always reminds me of the American revolution against England.
    1/3 of the people wanted independence.
    1/3 of the people wanted to remain dependent on England.
    1/3 of the people did not care.
    Bob A.
    So I assume you tossed the west lakes in the trash after you changed them?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I upgraded the 30# tanks on my Solitude to 40# tanks and still take the 30#s with me every trip. I keep them upright in the front of the truck bed covered by one of those Camco covers just to keep them out of direct weather (and mildly conceal what they are). I strap this to the side of the truck bed. Has worked great so far - several thousand miles. Coming west when we moved this past November, I was very glad to have the extra tanks as I did have to leave my furnace running all the time for 2 days to keep the trailer from freezing (4 day drive from VA to WY).
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last question - - Are my Westlake tires going to hold up? I see so many differing opinions. How often should i pull over and let them cool?

Thanks all
    That is not a question anyone can answer, not even you. Replacing them is a personal decision based on the information you have obtained and your comfort level as @attaboy states so accurately.

As for 'let them cool'. . . you don't need to pull over to let them cool on a regular basis. You would need to pull over if they are running above normal operating temperatures. You won't know if they are operating at normal temperatures unless you have invested in and are using a TPMS as @NB Canada stated. If the tire temperature is above your normal operating temperature you should pull over because there is something wrong. Not to let them cool. Tire will reach an operating (internal) temperature based on many things - speed, road conditions, ambient temperature and loading (weight). If all things are constant the only thing that should affect your tire temp is ambient temperature.

If you use a TPMS you'll get a feel for what the normal operating temperature of YOUR tires are on YOUR setup. If the temps increase too much then you should pull over and check it out, especially if they are not increasing equally. If one or two tires are increasing more than the others then you may have an issue and it should be inspected. Also, a good TPMS will have ranges or tolerances that can be set for temperature and pressure. The system will alert you to a tire temperature or pressure that is outside the acceptable range.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, I see the Blackstone Tailgater on Amazon for about $245. I got mine on sale at BJs for $129 - great deal!
    That's a good deal. Amazon is currently at one of their highest prices for that (it's been higher, but mostly lower). Typical is 199, goes on sale routinely for about $150, has been on sale for as low as $125.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    I upgraded the 30# tanks on my Solitude to 40# tanks and still take the 30#s with me every trip. I keep them upright in the front of the truck bed covered by one of those Camco covers just to keep them out of direct weather (and mildly conceal what they are). I strap this to the side of the truck bed. Has worked great so far - several thousand miles. Coming west when we moved this past November, I was very glad to have the extra tanks as I did have to leave my furnace running all the time for 2 days to keep the trailer from freezing (4 day drive from VA to WY).
    I was thinking about changing to 40# it seems like they should fit as they’re only about 5” taller. Shame they didn’t outfit them with 40’s from the get go.
    Scott & Linda
    2022 390RK-R
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited DRW HO Cummins LB
    B&W Companion 3600 RVK

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Scott View Post
    I was thinking about changing to 40# it seems like they should fit as they’re only about 5” taller. Shame they didn’t outfit them with 40’s from the get go.
    They fit in the space fine, but you have to angle them to get them in as the door opening is a hair short.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others have said, investing in a good tpms is a real good long term investment. I plan on using our West Lakes for a second and final season. They do have a bad reputation for blow outs so I inspect then regularly when traveling. Morning before taking off and when pit stop.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=jboleske;343709]Hi all

I find different points of view on this, so looking to you great folks for some perspective.

I have a 2021 imagine 2400bh and we are getting ready for our maiden voyage. We purchased a Blackstone Tailgater grill. I know I can change out the hose and use the RVs quick connect port. But concerned about using too much propane.

So, I am considering bringing a spare 20 lb tank just for the grill. Traveling from NJ to Florida. Towing with a 2021 Ram 1500 with 64 box. Is it safe to transport the tank (assuming I secure it in a crate and strap it in)? If yes, best place in the box to carry it?

Thanks all. Stay safe

Jeff

Here’s the way I strap my propane tank when transporting it. It’s a commercial strap. Take a look at it at tailergaterstrap.com. It’s the only way I transport spare tanks. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	483B52AA-FF00-4005-93D7-31132EBA3B7E.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	31775
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast