User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    I'll try to clear up your question and answer it from my practical experience. I'm thinking you would like to run your absorption (110VAC / Propane) 'fridge on 110VAC using your battery as a power source? You would need to convert 12VDC to volts A/C. Have you or are you considering getting an inverter to do this function? The boiler in your absorption refrigerator uses a resistance element so it draws a lot of current. You would need a 15 amp circuit for it alone. That would lead to a minimum 2000 watt inverter. A single battery would not be enough to give any reasonable time. Multiple batteries with a generator or lots of solar power to keep them charged need to be considered.
    I have two Li-ion batteries in my trailer with a 3000 watt inverter. I have run the 'fridge on 120Vac electric, a few short periods while traveling rather than turn on the propane. To do anything more would require a lot more battery power. I wouldn't recommend it as anything more than a short term back up.
    To answer your question yes it would work but the expense, space sacrificed and trouble need be considered.
    Another line of thinking is if you are asking about converting to a 12VDC refrigerator. That would require exchanging your unit out in it's entirety as it is a different system completely. The 12VDC refrigerators work like a house unit using DC electric to run a compressor. If or when I move to a new trailer I would look into one of those.
    Hi Duzfire1, if you are thinking of looking into converting to a 12VDC as Wicked ace mentioned, here is a company that does the conversion or will sell you a DYI kit. https://jc-refrigeration.com/#
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is a 110 solar 12volt fridge. Haven’t been able to figure out that answer so far as when the sun shines, the batteries are recharged.
    My issue is my fridge doesn’t work currently and have been told it’s a blown fuse…which is wonderfully located so conveniently at the back of the fridge under a metal plate (sarcasm)…so, in order to fix the damn thing, you have to pull the frigging fridge out of the wall to get access! Way to go Furrion!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without getting too scientific about all this I have a 2020 310GKR with the residential 110 volt AC only Samsung refrigerator it came with. I was running the factory installed inverter, I think it’s 1000 watts not exactly sure though. I installed 2 group 31 Duracell AGM deep cycle batteries in place of the non sealed junk batteries it came with. They have 100 amp hour capacity. I was able to run my Samsung refrigerator, charge 2 cell phones on the USB outlets and run one max air fan in bathroom, and run the heater intermittently (had it set to 64 degrees) This last month in the mountains of Colorado for 12-14 hours overnight without any problems whatsoever and then ran my Predator 3500 generator for about 8-10 hours a day and it was able to recharge my batteries easily. A couple of days I ran the refrigerator and other items for longer than 12 hours without turning on the generator without any issues just because it was so nice outside and didn’t want to hear the generator running even though it’s amazingly quite. I didn’t have the time to test everything and figure out current draw etc… etc… I just did it and it worked fine. Hope this helps and happy Boondocking!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ran on Propane and full batteries for 12 days one time

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering5thwheelers View Post
    Mine is a 110 solar 12volt fridge. Haven’t been able to figure out that answer so far as when the sun shines, the batteries are recharged.
    My issue is my fridge doesn’t work currently and have been told it’s a blown fuse…which is wonderfully located so conveniently at the back of the fridge under a metal plate (sarcasm)…so, in order to fix the damn thing, you have to pull the frigging fridge out of the wall to get access! Way to go Furrion!
    It won't get any better either. LCI has just filed papers to buy out Furrion.https://www.insideindianabusiness.co...appliance-firm

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We use Propane in lieu of 110

Quote Originally Posted by Duzfire1 View Post
    How long will a 110 refrigerator run on battery power that is converted to 12volt or will it even work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Norcold Refrigerator has a button on the front to convert to Propane. The button allows you to select Electrical, 110V, when connected to power. The button icon looks like a water droplet or an electrical plug allowing you to toggle between the desired input. To my knowledge the frig will not operate solely on 12 volts but 12 volts is required to run the frig on propane from what I’ve experienced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12