Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts about Carlisle tires

I am getting ready to replace the tires on my Imagine 2600rb. I was hoping to put Goodyears on it, but they are hard t find where we live.

My local Tire Dealer keeps trying to talk me into buying Carilsle HD Trail Radial. I don't have knowledge or exp. with this brand.

I am looking for input Good or Bad regarding these tires.

Any and all info is really appreicated.

Tom and Kathy
    North Ga.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by North Ga Couple View Post
    I am getting ready to replace the tires on my Imagine 2600rb. I was hoping to put Goodyears on it, but they are hard t find where we live.

My local Tire Dealer keeps trying to talk me into buying Carilsle HD Trail Radial. I don't have knowledge or exp. with this brand.

I am looking for input Good or Bad regarding these tires.

Any and all info is really appreicated.

Tom and Kathy
    North Ga.
    I had the the Radial Trail HD tires on my previous trailer and never had an issue with them. I just replaced my tires on the 297RSTS with Radial Trail HD tires as well. These are not the Radial Trail tires that Carlisle had so much trouble with back about 10 years ago. I was looking at buying the new Cooper trailer tires but couldn't find them in stock either so I bought the Carlisle Radial Trail HD. You don't hear many issues with these tires that you hear on others and they have been out over 5 years now. I am expecting to get 4 - 5 years out of them before I change them. If they turn out to be good will likely replace with the same. If not then on to the Cooper's maybe.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Bob, thanks for the info and I too feel that the Carlisle will do fine. And they are priced right too.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were better priced than the Endurance but they are more money than some offbrand tires that I would not buy. Here in Canada I would say that they are reasonably priced in the middle of the tire selection.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to tell why some people have problems with certain brands, and some don't.
    I've used Carlisle Radial HD tires on all my trailers (big/small boat, light/heavy cargo) going back many, many years and never had a problem with them.
    I usually replace them every 5 years regardless of mileage just because.
    One of the benefits...$99 at Walmart. I just bought one as a second spare for my 25G.
    So, I'm in the corner for Carlisle Tires.
    2021 Momentum 25G - 2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Gas - 2009 Honda VTX 1300T
    Jack of all trades and master of one :)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had two Carlisle tires fail on my 2010 Fuzion triple axle, in less than 2 years and 6,000 miles from new. That is quite some time back, and I have heard the new Carlisle's are supposed to be pretty good. But my initial experience with Carlisle left a very bad taste in my mouth.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Hoopy Frood - you must have gotten the made on Hang over Monday or TGIF Friday tires.
    2021 Momentum 25G - 2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Gas - 2009 Honda VTX 1300T
    Jack of all trades and master of one :)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of issues with poorly made tires from China around 2010, that's when people started referring to "China Bombs".
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have run Carlisle tires on my tandem boat trailer since 2003. Had one blow out due to a nail. Replaced others due to axle alignment issue. Otherwise, never had a complaint about them and I only replace them after about 7 years old - stored inside all year so never got weather checked or anything. My new GD has Goodyear Endurance so interested to see how those do over time. So far, I couldn't tell you there is any noticeable difference in towing. The boat trailer loaded is about 2000# lighter than the GD...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)