User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 351M Touch Screen

Hey all- Just got our new (to us) 351M home. It is a 2021, but we are the second owners. Going through the rig and trying to figure out if the touch screen can connect through our phones (lights, slide controls, tank monitoring... anything else is bonus). Looked through the manual, only had generic pictures (that looked older), and after an hour of digging though posts... I figure it's time to ask around.

Do you have to have the wifi/internet add-on to be able to connect to the touch screen for controlling/monitoring various things in the trailer?

Anyone know the name of the app / touchscreen? I downloaded 3 apps for my iPhone and they look very similar. Guessing this is because Lippert makes most everything. Was trying to narrow down my search beyond just "momentum 351 touch screen."

Thanks all-
    ---~-~-~-~-~-~---
    351M & 2018 Ram 3500 SRW

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWbulldog View Post
    Hey all- Just got our new (to us) 351M home. It is a 2021, but we are the second owners. Going through the rig and trying to figure out if the touch screen can connect through our phones (lights, slide controls, tank monitoring... anything else is bonus). Looked through the manual, only had generic pictures (that looked older), and after an hour of digging though posts... I figure it's time to ask around.

Do you have to have the wifi/internet add-on to be able to connect to the touch screen for controlling/monitoring various things in the trailer?

Anyone know the name of the app / touchscreen? I downloaded 3 apps for my iPhone and they look very similar. Guessing this is because Lippert makes most everything. Was trying to narrow down my search beyond just "momentum 351 touch screen."

Thanks all-
    In your app store, look up the Compass Connect app.

EDIT: there should be a QR sticker close to the main control panel that you will need to scan from the app.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MoonShadow_1911; 12-05-2021 at 07:43 PM.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on your RV, you may need either the Compass Connect as mentioned previously, or the LCI OneControl app.
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you- I have tried both apps with no success. Scanned every QR code in the rig with both apps and nothing is recognizing... hence the question around trying to start from scratch and figure out what this screen/software is- and wondering if it is all tied into the WiFi (My Conected RV?) that is "pre loaded" in some of the GDs that you have to have a plan through Lippert to use. The touchscreen is all we have for lights, HVAC, monitoring tanks, etc. I have seen a few posts around a "control panel" that has many switches, etc... we do not have that. I feel like I am chasing a ghost
    ---~-~-~-~-~-~---
    351M & 2018 Ram 3500 SRW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your dealer was like mine, they removed the label that has the SSID and Password from the cabinet for easy access. You'll need to grab a ladder and look at the router on the top of the coffee bar cabinet. There will be a router with the SSID (Something like "MyRV with a bunch of numbers) and the password. Take a photo with your phone for future reference.

Connect to the WiFi the try using the app.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    If your dealer was like mine, they removed the label that has the SSID and Password from the cabinet for easy access. You'll need to grab a ladder and look at the router on the top of the coffee bar cabinet. There will be a router with the SSID (Something like "MyRV with a bunch of numbers) and the password. Take a photo with your phone for future reference.

Connect to the WiFi the try using the app.
    Thanks! I'll take a look. This is part of why I was wondering if I need the WiFi component just to connect to the touchscreen. We are the second owners and are waiting to get a replacement part for the wifi... it would really suck that we *must* go through the provided WiFi just to connect to the dang touchscreen.
    ---~-~-~-~-~-~---
    351M & 2018 Ram 3500 SRW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to connect to the WiFi router to use the app UNLESS you get the optional sim card as well, then you can do it remotely. If you don't have the SIM card, you have to connect to the WiFi router. Otherwsie, how would you be able to communicate to anything on the trailer?

2020 Momentum 351M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's actually a way to use the app without connecting to the provided WiFi. It is a bit technical and described in this video. I believe there was also a post on this forum with the steps.
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alkbch View Post
    There's actually a way to use the app without connecting to the provided WiFi. It is a bit technical and described in this video. I believe there was also a post on this forum with the steps.
    You can also use a remote access point in to the router.

2020 Momentum 351M

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the instructions/etc talk about a Bluetooth connection, but I don’t see a single signal for anything in the trailer… which lead me to think it had something to do with the Wi-Fi.

Thanks for the link @alkbch. I’ll check it out today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast