Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received notification from Walmart that there is a recall on the Sailun trailer tires that I purchased thru there. Was going to start a new thread since the word may not get out formtires purchased online or Tobruk other vendors. Affects the following tires:

Product Information:
    UPC
    Item Description
    SAILUN S637 TRAILER TIRES
    SAILUN S637 TRAILER TIRES
    SAILUN ECO-HAULER TIRES
    SAILUN ECO-HAULER TIRES
    SAILUN ECO-HAULER TIRES
    SAILUN ECO-HAULER TIRES

Tire Description: This recall involves products (10) Tire BRAND TIRE LINE/SIZE YEAR SAILUN BLACKHAWK 9999 SAILUN BLACKLION 9999 SAILUN IRONHEAD 9999 SAILUN ROADX 9999 SAILUN SAILUN 999.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deeuubee View Post
    I'm looking into road hazard thru one of the many road side protection plans I have.
    Never thought of running that three legged dog idea. Good one in a pinch.
    Luckily, I'm put up for the winter. I'll at least have two spares by spring. Road hazard or not.

I had AAA roadside assistance 25 years ago and had nothing but price increases , extra charges or no coverage, and plain lousy service. I switched to Good Sam Roadside Assistance back in 1990 and have been more than pleased with their service.... and believe me with 3 teenage kids driving for many years it paid for itself. I was skeptical about any RV tire and wheel roadside protection plans until I spoke with a neighbor around the corner from me. He lost two tires and both wheels in one incident to a 4' piece of slotted angle iron on the NJ turnpike. Took him a few weeks for reimbursement but he got paid back everythiheing he put out.... he had the Good Sam RV wheel and tire plan. I decided to get it too, took the 3 year plan and hope I never need it.

Here's one of my many uses from Good Sam Roadside Assistance.... sheared off an entire wheel, hub and all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210930-035425_Photos.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	38253

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210930-035406_Photos.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	38254
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 12-25-2021 at 04:04 PM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience with Good Sam Tire coverage has not been good. Had a flat on the trailer and drove on it too long and the tread came off. The company that administers the Good Sam policy (can't remember the name) wanted a picture of the tread to pay my claim. I had sent them pictures of the wheel with only sidewalls left but apparently that didn't sink in. They finally gave in-just this one time they said-and paid me. I cancelled as soon as I got the check and went with Discount Tire coverage. It's about $20-$25 per tire but it lasts the life of the tire and they say there is no quibbling over covering the tire. I haven't had a chance to use yet though.

After that I purchased a Tire Minder TPMS at the national rally in Goshen this year. But I had two flats on the truck rear due to valve stem failure. You just can win sometimes. I'm not using it until I can get metal stems installed. Has anybody put metal stems on the Lionshead Jaguar wheels that come on the fifth wheels? If so, what stems were they. Thanks.
    John & Nadine Bagby
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chevy 2500HD CCLB Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrb View Post
    My experience with Good Sam Tire coverage has not been good. Had a flat on the trailer and drove on it too long and the tread came off. The company that administers the Good Sam policy (can't remember the name) wanted a picture of the tread to pay my claim. I had sent them pictures of the wheel with only sidewalls left but apparently that didn't sink in. They finally gave in-just this one time they said-and paid me. I cancelled as soon as I got the check and went with Discount Tire coverage. It's about $20-$25 per tire but it lasts the life of the tire and they say there is no quibbling over covering the tire. I haven't had a chance to use yet though.

After that I purchased a Tire Minder TPMS at the national rally in Goshen this year. But I had two flats on the truck rear due to valve stem failure. You just can win sometimes. I'm not using it until I can get metal stems installed. Has anybody put metal stems on the Lionshead Jaguar wheels that come on the fifth wheels? If so, what stems were they. Thanks.
    This seems to be the one most folks use. https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c...nch/xts0/17428
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrb View Post
    I'm not using it until I can get metal stems installed. Has anybody put metal stems on the Lionshead Jaguar wheels that come on the fifth wheels? If so, what stems were they. Thanks.
    I can’t tell you what stems work but I can tell you which don’t work on the Jaguar wheels on my 337RLS. I bought these from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LAJTEFW/ and they didn’t work. The tire dealer tried to use them and they didn’t fit for some reason. It had something to do with the countersunk holes where the stems mount in the wheels The tire shop had some metal stems in their stock that they installed instead.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking to buy a second spare.
    The thought of getting two flats on the same side and having one spare is... well, the kind of luck I have.
    Can you get road hazard warranty for TT tires?
    Two different tire shops quoted me prices with Road Hazard, but when I read the exceptions,
    they specifically says that Motor-home and travel trailer tires are exempt.
    Looking at GY Endurance for my 25G
    Can’t say enough about the excellent service I’ve received from Discount Tire. I’ve had several blowouts in different places across the country and they have got me in and out in a quick minute. They will always have my business . They usually keep heavy stock with the Goodyear Endurance.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Johnrb

Sorry you haven't had a good experience with Good Sam. The benefit to having them is theirs is a "Tire & Wheel" coverage not just tire replacement. You're standard tire coverage plan probably isn't going to replace your wheels.... just the tires.
    Like I said in a previous post I've had very good success with GSRA for over 20 years, I'm a Good Sam Lifetime Member and now a Good Sam Tire & Wheel Coverage customer.... I'll stick with what has worked well for me.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Rolltide1 - there are no Discount Tire stores within 100 miles of me. Even the local Goodyear store doesn't stock Endurance only Carlisle tires for trailers.
    2021 Momentum 25G - 2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Gas - 2009 Honda VTX 1300T
    Jack of all trades and master of one :)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Rolltide1 - there are no Discount Tire stores within 100 miles of me. Even the local Goodyear store doesn't stock Endurance only Carlisle tires for trailers.
    Be aware Goodyear is not producing Endurance trailer tires currently (could be why they don't have any in stock). They've announced they're going to focus on passenger vehicle tires for the time being, while the supply chain is so erratic. But they're supposed to start producing them again "in the future".

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna wait until spring now. No sense wasting 4 months road hazard sitting in the driveway ��
    2021 Momentum 25G - 2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Gas - 2009 Honda VTX 1300T
    Jack of all trades and master of one :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast