User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Safe travels on that trip sir. My wife and I did 5100+ miles this past Sept. from the Knoxville, TN area out to Grand Canyon, then Zion, Bryce, then over to Moab. At that time, I still had the TireMinder TPMS and I'd say it false alarmed on me at least a dozen times. I finally shut it off. That was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I took it off, tossed it in the trash and bought a TST 507....and it's been flawless.
    Tossed it in the trash, that's funny and thank you sir on your 5100+ trip that seem like a very interesting trip I would love to have gone to all of those places, we just going home to my mother the only stop we doing is one night stay.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llr2800 View Post
    Unfortunately it seems like a lot of blow outs are sudden events from tread separations. It is still good to watch it as high and especially low pressure also cause blowouts

I just received another TST 507 because the one I had when I trade in my trade in truck to get the one I have now I forgot it inside my truck, bummer, but I since then bought another one I set my new hi and low setting. The only time my 507 went off is when we were going to Las Vegas, and you know that the road was hot, so I turn it off hoping that it was a false alarm, and it was.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a "Vesafe" system, and I trust it. It has correlated well with readings from my dial pressure gage.
    Same with the oem system on my Ram. Readings are always within a couple psi.
    That's close enough for me.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2024 Brinkley z2900
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2022 GD 2970RL (Sold, 2023-Oct)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold. 2022-May)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short Answer - Yes

Longer answer - Yes, and why not?

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I trust my TST system. Do a visual on all the tires (truck and RV) when we pull out, but if the TST tells me it's 110, I believe it. Think about failure modes; what's FAR more likely is not reading at all, followed by a -0- when the tire has plenty of air in it (because the sensor is sending, but the pressure side has failed). The failure mode of "reporting 110, actually 0" is not going to be a common one; that would require the part that monitors the pressure to stick open AND the part that sends data to continue to transmit correctly. It's also the kind of thing that if you're TST, you are most trying to avoid, a failure low is an annoyance, a failure high could be a serious issue/accident.

Also, as others have stated, I want to get it "close". If my tires read 110 in the morning and I'm driving on a cold day into a warm afternoon (common for me), they can get up to 130+. At least a 20, sometimes close to 30 PSI change. So if it reads 108 when I start off, I'm not messing with it, that's in the margin of error for me and will quickly warm to 110+.

I would not tow without a TST type system. At least nothing heavy for long distances. I have a small 7K trailer that I do tow around without TPMS, but that thing is so light compared to my truck and all 4 tires could fall off at once and it's not going to push the truck around and cause an accident. All my big trailers have TPMS on them; a 20K load losing a tire and getting sideways could even push a big dually truck around, not a chance I'm willing to take.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only issue with TST system, and I have one, is the excessive amount of time that has to elapse before the monitor alerts you to the fact it has lost contact with a sensor. IMO an hour is just too darned long for that.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mwfett View Post
    Hello, I run a TPMS system to monitor my psi while on the road. However, I use a psi meter to check tire psi before starting out. Is this necessary? Do we trust the TPMS to tell us the tire psi is OK?

Thanks
    Do your own experiment. Check the TPMS pressure. Then manually check the pressure. If you are doing the comparison, get a good tire gauge. I used an ARB gauge for years. I needed another gauge to keep in another vehicle so I bought an ARB knock off. It measures the same. Which is the same as my Ryobi pump. Which is the same as my TPMS on the trailer I just sold. I need to buy a TPMS for my new to me trailer
    2018 Reflection 5er 230RL
    2020 F150 3.5EB

Is it a beach condo, a mountain cabin, or a a lake house?
    Its really Uncamplicated.
    Its my Schlitz Carlton Mobile Marriot

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a TST system on my 2800BH (tomorrow picking up a 3250 with the TireLinc and don't anticipate using the TireLinc). In any event, Periodically (after major temp changes, etc.) I check my four trailer tires with a quality gauge and set tires to 80. I then turn on my TST system and note the readings (generally about 5 pounds off, low). I trust the gauge. I am happy with the TST system but have to use the signal booster now that I changed tow vehicles (from 150 medium length bed to an f250 with the shorter bed) to get readings from all four tires.
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3
    2016 Harley Ultra Limited
    1971 F100 Flareside (project)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After getting a blow out and the sensor still reading 115 PSI, I did not trust my system. I've since installed a repeater and been running over a year now with confidence in the system. It is just as accurate as a tire gauge and updates more frequently on pressure and temperature than it ever did before. I will still do a walk around before ever trip.
    2020 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
    2018 351M Momentum Toy Hauler
    2015 Can Am Turbo Maverick - sold
    2019 Can Am X3 XRS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast