User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Planning first RV to be a Used Solitude 310GK

Title says it. I am looking at used 310GK that we can purchase in the next month or two and start prepping for retirement travel 4 months a year to escape Florida summers. I have looked at brand new in person and spent a month looking at used ones on FB and RVtrader. I will be using my 2022 F-350 Tremor 7.3L 4.30 to tow it. Probably more parking for a week somewhere with mild weather then moving on, following weather. Looking at purchasing outright and using savings to get best deal.

what I don't know:
    • Differences between years
    • If I care about the residential
    • what options are worth what
    • what is a great price for '18/'19/'20

-mike

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome! It'll take a little research to lear the yr to yr differences. Sometimes it's very minor.
    If you plan on always plugging in the Residential is a great way to go.
    If you are buying used the options don't matter, you get what it has..in todays market there aren't many great prices
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. What type of camping are you planning to do? Will you alway stay at campgrounds with full hookups? Will you boondock? That will help determine whether certain options are worth it or not.
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alkbch View Post
    Welcome to the forum. What type of camping are you planning to do? Will you always stay at campgrounds with full hookups? Will you boondock? That will help determine whether certain options are worth it or not.
    Thank you! I would like to boondock/moochdock and follow the summer weather in the northern USA and plan on getting a good size lithium battery(5-10kw) so probably go for the residential fridge and save propane for cooking/heating

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are planning to boondock you probably want a generator and/or solar, along with a good size battery bank. For the fridge, I like having the option to run it either on propane or electric, but other people do prefer the residential one. I also like having dual pane windows, which help somewhat with noise reduction and temperature insulation. Slides toppers are convenient to prevent you from having to climb on the roof and clean up the slides before getting them back in, the only downside is they may get damaged in high wind.

I'm not sure about the model differences and pricing, I suggest you take a look at RV Trader and Facebook Marketplace to get an idea.
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alkbch View Post
    If you are planning to boondock you probably want a generator and/or solar, along with a good size battery bank. For the fridge, I like having the option to run it either on propane or electric, but other people do prefer the residential one. I also like having dual pane windows, which help somewhat with noise reduction and temperature insulation. Slides toppers are convenient to prevent you from having to climb on the roof and clean up the slides before getting them back in, the only downside is they may get damaged in high wind.

I'm not sure about the model differences and pricing, I suggest you take a look at RV Trader and Facebook Marketplace to get an idea.
    Thanks, I will have to research the windows... I like quiet and good insulation... I can see leaves and pine needles filling up the slides, so that seems smart... thanks for giving me a couple things to research.

For power, thinking the fairly standard flexi flush mount panels to top off the batteries while running fridge, not much AC planned, for battery/inverter the Bluetti AC300 and 2-3 batteries(6-9kw) https://www.bluettipower.com/product...id=21k6_85252&

For pricing I see 'asking' on FB MP/RVtrader/RVT and see nada used values, I guess when we are ready to pull the trigger, I will make some cash offers and see if I get the stink-eye ;-)

again, thank you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be careful about designing your AC300 system With two B300 battery banks. They are 3072 watts each so if you want to recharge them in a day you are going to need quite a bit pf solar panels to run it. I have two B300 boxes and a AC300 and 1000 watts of solar on the roof and I can boondock for two weeks with the right conditions. The question is how long do you want to boondock for at a time Even for a couple days you might burn through your 6100 watts of B300 battery storage depending on what you are doing if you are not recharging the system via solar

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMakesWhiskey View Post
    Title says it. I am looking at used 310GK that we can purchase in the next month or two and start prepping for retirement travel 4 months a year to escape Florida summers. I have looked at brand new in person and spent a month looking at used ones on FB and RVtrader. I will be using my 2022 F-350 Tremor 7.3L 4.30 to tow it. Probably more parking for a week somewhere with mild weather then moving on, following weather. Looking at purchasing outright and using savings to get best deal.

what I don't know:
    • Differences between years
    • If I care about the residential
    • what options are worth what
    • what is a great price for '18/'19/'20

-mike
    Here is one, very well equipped, in the "For Sale" forum. 2019 Solitude 310GK/R
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMakesWhiskey View Post
    Thank you! I would like to boondock/moochdock and follow the summer weather in the northern USA and plan on getting a good size lithium battery(5-10kw) so probably go for the residential fridge and save propane for cooking/heating
    Welcome to the forum, plenty of helpful and knowledgeable folks here.

Just be aware that if you plan on a residential type frig you're going to need a lot of battery power for off-grid use. A frig alone could easily use 100 Ah each day. You'd want a robust solar array to recharge or a generator or both. Off-grid camping (boondocking) is great if you're able to meet your energy needs. Perhaps begin with an energy budget, that would help you decide what is the best system to support you.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S