User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Trust my TST setup. It's more accurate than any gauge you're buying at the ordinary parts store. Being an old racer, I still have my gauges calibrated yearly, and on the test manifold I found 4 sensors are within +/- 0.5 psi of each other and within 1.1 degree of my calibrated gauge. For those who don't know, you're dial gauge has to be calibrated with the pressure range you will be working in. Higher and lower, the drift opens the error. So if you're using a gauge calibrated around 35psi passenger tires, by the time you're up and measuring 100 psi for LR Gs, the gauge will already have more than 1 psi error.
    Where could I take my dial gauge to have it calibrated. TST is within 2 psi of dial guage, honestly don't know how accurate the gauge is. Thank You!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy1 View Post
    Where could I take my dial gauge to have it calibrated. TST is within 2 psi of dial guage, honestly don't know how accurate the gauge is. Thank You!
    You can go to your states Weights and Measurements division and they can calibrate and certify it. For a fee. Or, you can find a calibration shop near you, also for a fee.

Just remember, it should be an analog gauge, or a higher end digital gauge. The cheap digital gauge cannot usually be adjusted. To see if it can be, open it up and see if there is a surface mount potentiometer mounted to the board somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, absolutely. I check before leaving each time, top off the air if needed. My pressure gauge always agrees with what the TPMS says.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a blowout and a $1750 insurance claim We bought an EEz-Tire system for all 10 of our tires. I also fill and check all of our tires with a commercial tire gauge. I have noticed that only one of my sensors reads a couple of pounds low, but the rest are within a pound or so.

Have you noticed hw your tires gain pressure when you pull tour trailer? Our Solitude tires gain 20 -30 Psi when we start out. I wouldn't have known that without the EEz-Tire system
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mwfett View Post
    Hello, I run a TPMS system to monitor my psi while on the road. However, I use a psi meter to check tire psi before starting out. Is this necessary? Do we trust the TPMS to tell us the tire psi is OK?

Thanks
    Trust, but verify. Ronald Reagan

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich38 View Post
    After getting a blow out and the sensor still reading 115 PSI, I did not trust my system.
    That doesn't mean a faulty system.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    All good conversation and feedback. It's important to get into a rhythm, ritual, check list etc, each travel day. With us in prepping the truck, one of the first things I do is setup and turn on the TST 507 TPMS. I also check the repeater in the front storage bay to make sure the light is on. It can be updating while I do other things like roll back the bed cover and open the companion hitch.

Once we get the slides closed and hitched up I check the RV TPMS for pressures, all tires reporting. Its a lot easier to get to the RV tires with the slides closed. I do a visual inspection on the RV tires and if I need to, I'll get out the Viair compressor to top off the tires. Sometimes if we are traveling between very cold temps and warm temps, I'll reset the RV tire pressures based on what we expect the ambient temperatures to be during the travel day. At the same time if I need to, I'll check the torque on the lug nuts (usually every other movement). The last thing before we head out is a final walk around check. Our truck TPMS will show base tire pressures but will not update until movement for a mile or so.

We go through this ritual but I don't look at tire pressures as rocket science, right on a gnats butt. As long as they are all close to the base pressure within a pound or two of each other, its close enough.
    I would respond to my own post and add this, once our TST updates and all RV tires reporting before we pull out, if I remove one of the tire cap sensors to adjust air pressure, the TST monitor in the truck alarms in just a few seconds. It continues to alarm until I screw the cap sensor back on the tire, the TST alarm will shut off in just a few seconds. It's also a way to check the TST system to make sure its working correctly.

A TPMS is a great tool but there are some things they can't do, like warn you of a potential blow out and I have heard that some have had the tread come off the tire beating up the side of the RV but it was still holding air until the cord was breached.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TST system is an excellent TPMS, with a serious, IMO anyway, caveat: it can take an hour for the monitor to alert you to the fact it has lost contact with a sensor. And meanwhile you are totally unaware of the loss of sensor signal.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mwfett View Post
    Hello, I run a TPMS system to monitor my psi while on the road. However, I use a psi meter to check tire psi before starting out. Is this necessary? Do we trust the TPMS to tell us the tire psi is OK?

Thanks
    My multiple gauges agree with the TPMS +/- a pound or two. I carry an infrared thermometer.
    https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-I...62716849&psc=1
    which I use to check wheel bearings and tire sidewalls at every gas stop as added confidence booster.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    That doesn't mean a faulty system.
    I never said I had a faulty system. I now have confidence it works reliable now with the repeater.
    2020 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
    2018 351M Momentum Toy Hauler
    2015 Can Am Turbo Maverick - sold
    2019 Can Am X3 XRS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast