User Tag List

Thread: Sumo Springs

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sumo Springs

Finally got around to installing the Sumo Springs on our trailer last weekend. Pretty simple install for our trailer, we have the spring over axle configuration. The longest part of it was having to move the propane line but with the brackets they provide it was easy. Haven't towed it yet, but if anybody has any questions let me know. Also installed the Dexter E-Z Flex equalizers with the Morryde shackles & wet bolts awhile back as well.
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsman3 View Post
    Finally got around to installing the Sumo Springs on our trailer last weekend. Pretty simple install for our trailer, we have the spring over axle configuration. The longest part of it was having to move the propane line but with the brackets they provide it was easy. Haven't towed it yet, but if anybody has any questions let me know. Also installed the Dexter E-Z Flex equalizers with the Morryde shackles & wet bolts awhile back as well.
    The Sumo Springs on the camper were the easiest to install, the ones on the truck took a bit longer. 1.5 hours for the camper, including moving the propane line and 4 hours to do both the front and rear on the truck. In 50° weather. That was not smart, but I wanted to get it done... Froze my arse off!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    The Sumo Springs on the camper were the easiest to install, the ones on the truck took a bit longer. 1.5 hours for the camper, including moving the propane line and 4 hours to do both the front and rear on the truck. In 50° weather. That was not smart, but I wanted to get it done... Froze my arse off!

You did the front also on your truck?
    Jason & Jamie
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just put the Sumosprings in my Amazon cart. Did you have to do anything with the Coroplast? I only have two jack stands, how many did you use during the install?

My next inquiry will be on the Dexter equalizers.
    2021 Imagine XLS 23bhe
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland v8 4WD | 7,400 tow | 6800 GVWR
    Husky WD 30849 w/ sway control kit | Tekonsha brake controller
    Jeep + driver and 2 passengers = 5,990 | Trailer = 6,520 | Tongue = 760

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcjokibbe View Post
    I just put the Sumosprings in my Amazon cart. Did you have to do anything with the Coroplast? I only have two jack stands, how many did you use during the install?

My next inquiry will be on the Dexter equalizers.
    No, you don't have to do anything with the coroplast. I did have to remove a couple screws that were holding it up were I installed the Sumo Springs so they wouldn't tear into the Sumo's. I didn't use any jack stands, just one bottle jack to get the frame up high enough to slide the Sumo's in, than move to the other side.
    Jason & Jamie
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You did the front also on your truck?
    Yup, both front and rear. Really sense to help in turning. The unencumbered ride is stiffer though.

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi There,

Why did you not go with the CRE 3000 equalizer instead of the Dexter E-Z Flex equalizers?
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrovsky View Post
    Hi There,

Why did you not go with the CRE 3000 equalizer instead of the Dexter E-Z Flex equalizers?
    So I wanted to go with the CRE 3000 but Morryde told me I would have to modify my spring hanger to make it work. I wasn't a big fan of cutting it up, I figured they were built like that for a reason. With the Dexter E-Z Flex they required no modifications.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hanger.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	38959 In the pic you can see where they wanted me to cut.
    Jason & Jamie
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!