User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and it's a shame that our original charger is built in. It just makes it more a PITA to upgrade to lithium.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearjunkie View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mention the built in charger in my post. I was trying to keep the post short.
    I may change the panel down the road but for now this setup works best for me and won't cost much. It's also a fairly easy install.
    I liked the idea of having a Batt 1 - Off - Batt 2 switch. That would make switching between batteries simple and you can't mess up and/or forget to switch the "other" battery off.

This is definitely the way to go with this type of setup. Additionally, it simplifies your installation.

PS: the OEMs making that panel so that you can't switch out the Converter was a "Sucky" move !!!!
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deeuubee View Post
    I installed a marine 1-2-Off switch. When travelling 1 (LA), camping 2(Lithium).
    The OEM converter charges the LA, not so much the lithium.
    Okay, see, sometimes us engineer types can't see the forest for the trees!

That's a pretty good idea! I like it! It follows the KISS mantra.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I can see your thinking but find that it would be to much a PITA for the little gain. Your current converter/charger would charge your lithium to roughly 80%. If that's not enough then you could disconnect it while plugged on shore power and use your lithium charger to top it. I'm just about to order my lithium cells for my DIY battery and plan on replacing the LA with it. This first season will be a direct swap and remain (locked) on ghe tongue. I also have a portable lithium charger that I could carry with us in case we need to top it up. The following season I will relocate inside and add the Victron Multiplus II.

Yes, I thought about that but didn't want to spend the money locking the Lifepo4 on the tongue when I will eventually move the battery inside.
    I am interest in how you are planning your setup inside with the Victron Multiplus II.
    2021 GD Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2020 Ram 1500 Classic 5.7Hemi Crew Cab

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    I liked the idea of having a Batt 1 - Off - Batt 2 switch. That would make switching between batteries simple and you can't mess up and/or forget to switch the "other" battery off.

This is definitely the way to go with this type of setup. Additionally, it simplifies your installation.

PS: the OEMs making that panel so that you can't switch out the Converter was a "Sucky" move !!!!
    Yes, I agree with you and gave it some thought but decided it would require more wiring and work to bypass the original disconnect and install a double disconnect.
    I plan to eventually add a second Lifepo4 battery to replace the LA battery and have them both inside. I am trying to keep this setup simple until then.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to thank everyone for their input. I think {and hope} what I have planned should be relatively inexpensive and simple to set up.
    This will be our first full summer with the unit. I should have a better idea by the end of this summer, what we will need to dry camp for a few days.
    Thanks again,
    Don

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearjunkie View Post
    Yes, I thought about that but didn't want to spend the money locking the Lifepo4 on the tongue when I will eventually move the battery inside.
    I am interest in how you are planning your setup inside with the Victron Multiplus II.
    There's room under the dinette bench beside the pump and right behind the wall under the pantry drawers. Probably enough room even for 2 to 3 batteries.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12