User Tag List

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Jim View Post
    Yeah. I can't find the info sheet right now that was sent to dealers, but it shows removing the interior trim top and bottom, removing the mounting screws and sliding the refer out. Be sure to have some wood blocking for support and padding to avoid floor damage. That should provide room to gain access through the lower access outside, but better if you find somebody skinny to do it for you.
    Some units are just fine from the factory. If you remove the upper access outside and the wood baffle, you can get a look down inside and see if the wiring is adequately attached to the side wall. If so, you're good.
    This is all according to the info sent to dealers. I'll post if I can find it again.
    Safe Travels.
    Thanks Jim, I appreciate it. my sons are skinny enough to fit and do whatever needs done. My whole problem is that there is no other Romex wire running into the compartment. Now I'll have to do all of this to prove it to Grand Design.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. I can't find the info sheet right now that was sent to dealers, but it shows removing the interior trim top and bottom, removing the mounting screws and sliding the refer out. Be sure to have some wood blocking for support and padding to avoid floor damage. That should provide room to gain access through the lower access outside, but better if you find somebody skinny to do it for you.
    Some units are just fine from the factory. If you remove the upper access outside and the wood baffle, you can get a look down inside and see if the wiring is adequately attached to the side wall. If so, you're good.
    This is all according to the info sent to dealers. I'll post if I can find it again.
    Safe Travels.
    I have a copy of the document you refer to but it did come with the following statement. You may want to ask the site administrators if it is appropriate to post the document.

“ This electronic transmission and any documents accompanying this electronic transmission contain confidential information belonging to the sender. This information may be legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on or regarding the contents of this electronically transmitted information is strictly prohibited.”
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that, however, it was a dealer in CA that posted it online. I'll let him take the heat.
    Safe Travels.
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Threads merged and moved to Electrical Systems & Wiring. There is also an older, longer thread titled "Solitude Electrical Recall" on the same topic. Everyone please read and post there if possible.

Rob
    Rob,

Since the recall covers more than the Solitude line would it be appropriate to have a more generic name or list all the lines covered by the recall? I think there are four or five threads currently running on this recall topic.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that, however, it was a dealer in CA that posted it online. I'll let him take the heat.
    Safe Travels.
    Thats pretty much a standard disclaimer. All I really care about is getting the fridge out so that I can look at the compartment, take pics and send them to Grand Design to show there is no issue.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    Rob,

Since the recall covers more than the Solitude line would it be appropriate to have a more generic name or list all the lines covered by the recall? I think there are four or five threads currently running on this recall topic.
    Good idea... I'll rename the original thread.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Thats pretty much a standard disclaimer. All I really care about is getting the fridge out so that I can look at the compartment, take pics and send them to Grand Design to show there is no issue.
    When I talked to a Grand Design Regional Service Manager yesterday he said they would not clear a trailer from the recall list if the work was done by the owner. He said go to a GD dealer or they would work with any shop or Mobile Tech. If you want to inspect it for you own peace of mind then that is good but if your expectation is that you will have your rig cleared from the recall list then you might want to talk to GD.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally agree with you, this is a total pain in the butt. We are full time which adds more challenges to getting trailer service work done. If this was not a recall I would just do it myself.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm attaching pictures of the compartment. The Romex comes up out of the floor and loops over top of the outlet that the fridge plugs into. No way it can come in contact with anything, and it's the only Romex I can find in the compartment. Also, here is a direct quote on the issue from the NSTSA
    quote -
    "Description of the Cause: In applications where the 110V Romex wire runs diagonally through the refrigerator cavity, the wire is secured to the inside of the sidewall. The potential exists for the securement to fail over time due to road vibration. If the securement fails, the potential exists for the 110V Romex wire to make contact with the cooling unit of the refrigerator. The heat from the cooling unit may compromise the wire insulation, resulting in an electrical arc that may result in a fire. Component Name 1 : WGCU 12/2 Solid Wire Component Description : 12/2
    Romex/CSA WG CU wire with ground
    ."
    Attachment 39178 Attachment 39179
    Thank you so much for the photos and the succinct description of the issue. How difficult was it to access the area where the plug is? Did you have to pull the norcold refrigerator out from the front, or can you access it from the rear? Thanks again.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogrey View Post
    Thank you so much for the photos and the succinct description of the issue. How difficult was it to access the area where the plug is? Did you have to pull the norcold refrigerator out from the front, or can you access it from the rear? Thanks again.
    This is from the outside. There will be a black louvered cover about 20" square that should have a black drain hose sticking out (There is a cap on the end with small holes, do not remove it). There are two slotted knobs or whatever at the top. Turn them so the slots are horizontal to the ground then pull at the top to remove the cover.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast