User Tag List

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, today I pulled the fridge to check everything out. I was pretty sure everything was OK but wanted to be absolutely sure there were no issues. With all of the info going around it became harder and harder to know for sure what to look at/for.
    All of the pics show there is no issue with the wire runs. The Romex runs straight up the side to the box for the microwave. While not "tight" it is tight enough that it can't fall anywhere to touch anything. I did put a cable clamp on it to make it more secure, as what they use are not even close to adequate. On the other side the wire only runs about 6" and cannot touch anything at all. There is no wire running across the back (outside wall) of the slide at all. I will attach pics of what I found. For me to have to take my camper anywhere, or pay the travel time/mileage of a mobile tech to inspect the trailer would have been a waste of time and money on my part. It's inexcusable, in my opinion, to require me, or anyone, to pay anything for this. It literally took me 15 minutes to move the fridge out, and 20 minutes to put a cable clamp on, then 15 minutes to push it back into place and secure it. All for something that, in reality, was not an issue on this trailer to begin with. I will be sending Grand Design an email with the pics and my opinion on this.
    Left side of FridgeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Left side.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	39246
    Right side Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Side.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	39244
    Out side wall Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wall pic.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	39245
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Ok, today I pulled the fridge to check everything out. I was pretty sure everything was OK but wanted to be absolutely sure there were no issues. With all of the info going around it became harder and harder to know for sure what to look at/for.
    All of the pics show there is no issue with the wire runs. The Romex runs straight up the side to the box for the microwave. While not "tight" it is tight enough that it can't fall anywhere to touch anything. I did put a cable clamp on it to make it more secure, as what they use are not even close to adequate. On the other side the wire only runs about 6" and cannot touch anything at all. There is no wire running across the back (outside wall) of the slide at all. I will attach pics of what I found. For me to have to take my camper anywhere, or pay the travel time/mileage of a mobile tech to inspect the trailer would have been a waste of time and money on my part. It's inexcusable, in my opinion, to require me, or anyone, to pay anything for this. It literally took me 15 minutes to move the fridge out, and 20 minutes to put a cable clamp on, then 15 minutes to push it back into place and secure it. All for something that, in reality, was not an issue on this trailer to begin with. I will be sending Grand Design an email with the pics and my opinion on this.
    Left side of FridgeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Left side.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	39246
    Right side Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Side.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	39244
    Out side wall Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wall pic.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	39245
    I have a Norcold 1210T refrigerator. To remove refrigerator, do I just remove the top 4 screws, and pull part way out of slide?
    Thanks
    2016 Ram 3500 SWD 3:73 Turbo Diesel 6'4"" box
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't say on the Norcold. I looked on you tube to find out on the removal of my Dometic. Mine has 4 screws in the front and had one in the back (should have had 2). Much more simple than I had thought.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, isn't this just a heck of a pickle.

* Can't be cleared by owner providing photos
    * Must take to GD dealer (2 hrs away at now $4.50+/gal fuel booked months out)
    * Will cover mobile tech invoice to perform check/repair, just won't cover their travel fee
    * All cause by horrendous wiring practices, which mind you, are not restricted to GD. It's across the entire industry.

So, even if I inspect mine sometime this week, and everything is good to go with no issues, spending money out of pocket is still required to get it cleared off the list so that insurance will pay out "if/when" a fire occurs that is caused by shoddy OEM wiring? Am I on cue here or am I in the weeds?
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
    Well, isn't this just a heck of a pickle.

* Can't be cleared by owner providing photos
    * Must take to GD dealer (2 hrs away at now $4.50+/gal fuel booked months out)
    * Will cover mobile tech invoice to perform check/repair, just won't cover their travel fee
    * All cause by horrendous wiring practices, which mind you, are not restricted to GD. It's across the entire industry.

So, even if I inspect mine sometime this week, and everything is good to go with no issues, spending money out of pocket is still required to get it cleared off the list so that insurance will pay out "if/when" a fire occurs that is caused by shoddy OEM wiring? Am I on cue here or am I in the weeds?
    Yeah, makes me mad too. I didn't even mention that the wire on mine runs behind the gas line. For there to be an issue with the electric line the gas line would have to break/burn in half. Even then it couldn't move enough to touch anything....
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Base on what I have read, the pictures I have seen and an inspection of the exterior of our unit, our Solitude 3350RL floorplan is Not effected by the recall. I could be wrong, but We have no romex wire that runs up the side of the fridge cavity. Perhaps that is what they mean in the recall letter by "select VINs" it probably actually means select floorplans. For our floorplan the pantry is between the fridge and the stove / microwave. The wiring for the microwave and associated 110V outlets are not routed through the refrigerator cavity.

But we will probably get the recall anyway.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 03-07-2022 at 04:07 PM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Jim View Post
    Yeah. I can't find the info sheet right now that was sent to dealers, but it shows removing the interior trim top and bottom, removing the mounting screws and sliding the refer out. Be sure to have some wood blocking for support and padding to avoid floor damage. That should provide room to gain access through the lower access outside, but better if you find somebody skinny to do it for you.
    Some units are just fine from the factory. If you remove the upper access outside and the wood baffle, you can get a look down inside and see if the wiring is adequately attached to the side wall. If so, you're good.
    This is all according to the info sent to dealers. I'll post if I can find it again.
    Safe Travels.
    Hi Jim- I'm going to find a mobile tech to inspect and repair if needed. That dealer info sheet you referenced would sure be helpful. Did you find it yet? There's nothing in the NHTSA recall PDF that mentions pulling out the refridg. Thank you.
    Recently retired. Very happily married 38+ years.
    2020 GMC 3500 HD Denali DRW CC LB Diesel.
    2021 Solitude 310GK, Cooper H-rated tires. Previously in Coleman/Fleetwood pop-ups. Full time since 8/15/21

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeHannaford View Post
    Hi Jim- I'm going to find a mobile tech to inspect and repair if needed. That dealer info sheet you referenced would sure be helpful. Did you find it yet? There's nothing in the NHTSA recall PDF that mentions pulling out the refridg. Thank you.
    Have you talked to Grand Design about this? When I talked to GD they told me they would work with a mobile tech or non-Grand Design shop to do the recall. You should talk to GD and find out the details and if pre-approval is necessary. Ask them to send you or the tech the recall fix docs.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    Have you talked to Grand Design about this? When I talked to GD they told me they would work with a mobile tech or non-Grand Design shop to do the recall. You should talk to GD and find out the details and if pre-approval is necessary. Ask them to send you or the tech the recall fix docs.
    I did call GD to be sure if my 2021 310GK was included in the recall. Also asked them since we're full timing, could I get a mobile tech instead of a dealer? As others have stated, they will reimburse for labor, but not travel time. I will call tomorrow to ask about the procedure details for servicing. Thanks!
    Recently retired. Very happily married 38+ years.
    2020 GMC 3500 HD Denali DRW CC LB Diesel.
    2021 Solitude 310GK, Cooper H-rated tires. Previously in Coleman/Fleetwood pop-ups. Full time since 8/15/21

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeHannaford View Post
    I did call GD to be sure if my 2021 310GK was included in the recall. Also asked them since we're full timing, could I get a mobile tech instead of a dealer? As others have stated, they will reimburse for labor, but not travel time. I will call tomorrow to ask about the procedure details for servicing. Thanks!
    How about you wait until you're close to a mobile tech service before you call them? The travel cost shouldn't be that high then.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast