User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    I don't want to get into the can you/can't you weight debate since it wasn't asked about in the OP. Just for your own information, Look at your door jamb sticker on your truck, it will give you max payload and it will be nowhere near 3375. I would venture a guess of around 22xx best case. Plus you have to pull passengers/hitch weight/other payload off that number. The 2020+ 2500's dropped the 10K limit and have a higher number like the previous gen 3500's
    Thanks for the info.
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheeba View Post
    Understand, my fifth wheel hitch max is 3375 Fifth wheel max trailer weight is 13500 so right at the max.
    You can do whatever you please. Bottom line is, none of the Solitudes are 3/4-ton truck trailers.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 03-17-2022 at 12:14 PM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Right now that would be a tall order to pull 30%+ off. I feel I got in JUST prior to the real craziness and was able to get 30 off last spring. Most places weren't going below 20 even then. I know I couldn't get that today from the same dealer.

I personally think the bubble is starting to crack, if only slightly. I would wait awhile and see what shakes out.
    Agreed here. If you can wait, I would give it 6 months. Gas prices will definitely reduce demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info.
    No problem. I'm not telling what works or doesn't. I'm the last guy on the weight police train. But you need to know the correct numbers to make a informed decision.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to OP's original question. Pre Covid, it wasn't un heard of to get 30% or close to off of MSRP. Now with the RV market being crazy hot and mix with the parts shortage (catching up now) $15k off seems like they made you a reasonable offer. Its been a sellers/dealers market since Covid started and I don't see it cooling off anytime soon. Interest rates going up and gas price might slow it down a bit. Hopefully

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone give me a ballpark?
    I got 27% off back on Jan, with a price guarantee. Nobody else would guarantee, or get to that percentage. I’m with @JKellerJr, I’d wait a bit if u can. Between fuel prices and interest rate hikes, I’d bet that will temper RV sales.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want say about nothing else but one thing I do know is that the DW and I was looking at the 310GK and we both love it and from the time that we started to look they were going for $80k and since then at the last time that I look it was $120K. The one dealer that we look at was selling one for $140K but that was because that it had a full body paint, but yeah that is the going rate, unless you can find a good use one.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even with 20-25% off MSRP the MSRP is highly inflated due to parts shortages. You may get 25% off MSRP but you're still paying way too much for what is nothing more than a priced jacked up RV. No new bells and whistles to substantiate the high MSRP. You're basically buying a 2022 Solitude for the MSRP of a 2020 Solitude. MSRP's are not going down after things settle down. What should go down is the % off MSRP. That will devalue anything bought today. If you pay $100K for a Solitude today chances are in a year someone's going to get the same Solitude for $85K when dealing is better.
    I feel sorry for buyers that want something new or bigger and better as the market is a sellers market and RV dealers got you by the you know whats.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that is why we are going to hold on ours for a while, I'm doing a lot of mods in our 5th wheel to make it out little home away from home we would have to put down over $30K+ just to keep our payment to where they at now and starting all over again will be crazy for us anyway.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not!!!

Truck is within specks on GD website and GMC towing guide.
    You will be out of specs easily when loaded and because you have a “Denali” uuur truck is weighted with luxury items. Or can I assume since you said it fell under specs you have the gas engines me, whereas you have a little wiggle room.
    Fifth wheels of that class & weight demand a 3500 DRW. IMHO, if not but for safety of you & all others in your driving path. Go to some western mountains and after you get your white knuckles off your steering wheel you will go straight to a dealer for a 3/4 ton DRW!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast