User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Sumo's on both my truck & trailer. I haven't towed with them on the trailer yet. I also installed the Dexter EZ Flex equalizers as Morryde wanted me to modify my hangers & I wasn't comfortable doing that. I did install Morryde's bushing & wet bolt kit. Here's a link to Dexters equalizers, https://www.dexteraxle.com/Dexter-E-Z-Flex
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    I have them on my truck and they help a lot. Installation was a piece of cake.
    Haven't decided if I want them on the trailer.
    Same here. I haven’t decided on putting on 5W yet

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correction. I actually have the Timbren springs on my truck. They work great. Keeps bed from sagging under load

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought the sumosprings for my trailer. I've relocated the gas line with the kit provided, not sure if it's out of the way yet. I'm struggling with how to lift the trailer a 1/2" with a bottle jack with a 17" max height and my trailer's frame sits at 23". I'm thinking of sandwiching three 2x6 on their sides between two 2x6.
    2021 Imagine XLS 23bhe
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland v8 4WD | 7,400 tow | 6800 GVWR
    Husky WD 30849 w/ sway control kit | Tekonsha brake controller
    Jeep + driver and 2 passengers = 5,990 | Trailer = 6,520 | Tongue = 760

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcjokibbe View Post
    I just bought the sumosprings for my trailer. I've relocated the gas line with the kit provided, not sure if it's out of the way yet. I'm struggling with how to lift the trailer a 1/2" with a bottle jack with a 17" max height and my trailer's frame sits at 23". I'm thinking of sandwiching three 2x6 on their sides between two 2x6.
    I used 4 12x12x2 wooden trailer pads that I made. I would imagine that the plastic stacking leveling blocks would work just as well.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As MoonShadow stated, use some wood blocks if you got them and it should be no problem. I used a couple chunks of 4x6 when I installed mine. Putting them on was the easy part, you already got the hard part done by moving your gas line.
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FrontLeft-3.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	39615

I finally installed the sumosprings. I'm too embarrassed to show a picture of the makeshift pyramid of wood blocks and bottle jack to get the frame raised. However, I felt safe knowing if the bottle jack slipped I can't be crushed.

When moving the gas line with the supplied hardware, the example pictures in the instructions showed the screw facing up. I didn't want to put a hole in the coroplast so I had the screw facing down. You can see it to the left of the sumospring in the picture. Hopefully this is acceptable. I also hope the distance between the sumospring and line is acceptable.

My trailer's measurement between frame and top of spring plate required a longer bolt and three spacers, which were supplied by the sumosprings company. I purchased the sumosprings through e-trailer.com and they helped get the additional spacers and longer bolts.

I also have the EZ-Flex suspension installed (not by me) and ready to test this out next week when traveling to a campsite.
    2021 Imagine XLS 23bhe
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland v8 4WD | 7,400 tow | 6800 GVWR
    Husky WD 30849 w/ sway control kit | Tekonsha brake controller
    Jeep + driver and 2 passengers = 5,990 | Trailer = 6,520 | Tongue = 760

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It kind of looks like Sumo springs are just really big bump stops? It looks like there's no damping like a shock absorber. So kind of like adding more springs?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    It kind of looks like Sumo springs are just really big bump stops? It looks like there's no damping like a shock absorber. So kind of like adding more springs?
    Kind of a cross between the two. Spring rate must certainly increase, but the sumo's don't have the same properties as more springs.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FrontLeft-3.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	39615

I finally installed the sumosprings. I'm too embarrassed to show a picture of the makeshift pyramid of wood blocks and bottle jack to get the frame raised. However, I felt safe knowing if the bottle jack slipped I can't be crushed.

When moving the gas line with the supplied hardware, the example pictures in the instructions showed the screw facing up. I didn't want to put a hole in the coroplast so I had the screw facing down. You can see it to the left of the sumospring in the picture. Hopefully this is acceptable. I also hope the distance between the sumospring and line is acceptable.

My trailer's measurement between frame and top of spring plate required a longer bolt and three spacers, which were supplied by the sumosprings company. I purchased the sumosprings through e-trailer.com and they helped get the additional spacers and longer bolts.

I also have the EZ-Flex suspension installed (not by me) and ready to test this out next week when traveling to a campsite.
    It looks like the top of the Sumospring rests against the coroplast and the trailers frame. Any concern that the coroplast would be damaged over time by road shock/vibration?

Thanks,
    Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast