1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good point.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Weigh Safe appears to be pretty much the old standby Equal-i-zer hitch that most dealers push, with the addition of the scale. With any hitch, once you get it set, it's set, and you don't need to mess with it much anymore. So not clear that all the easy adjustments do much after you get it dialed in. Ditto on the scale feature. Nice to have a way to measure when setting up, but then one generally doesn't need it anymore (non-5th toy haulers excepted, of course).

I had the Anderson, and really wanted to like it. But just not suitable for longer, heavier trailers. I had no problem getting all the weight lost restored back to the front, like some report. But the friction cup depends on tongue weight, and also does not have enough resistance when the dog has a long tail to wag. Maybe if my trailer had the possibility of more tongue weight...but there was just no way. I sold it to a guy who tried it on his 2600, and he too sold it soon after. Getting true sway at 55 mph is a pretty scary thing.....

Rather than end up with a garage full of hitches, I just choked and bought the ProPride. It is all that everyone says it is. The only issue is that some lots/dealers hate trying to figure out how to hitch up to move the trailer around their yard. ProPride does sell a "lot bar" attachment to overcome that issue.

Do you need it? See what others towing your model think - in most cases, they seem to be happy with more conventional (cheaper) hitches. My model, just needed it. Poor design that doesn't allow enough tongue weight...
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback. I am going to have to use a power dolly to get the trailer into the driveway since we have a sharp 90 degree turn from a private road though a 14 foot wide gate. I may be able to squeeze in but likely not. So if I go with the propride, I will have to get the moving stinger. Not a big deal.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in a similar configuration as you are. I have:

1. Half ton truck
    2. 2600 RB
    3. ProPride

I find the ProPride to be ridiculously easy to use and to tow with. Before buying trailer/WDH combo, I rented a few travel trailers to see if camping was for us. While they came with various WDH setups, nothing was as close to as confidence-inspiring as the ProPride.

Do you still feel crosswinds and passing vehicles? Yes. But as mentioned before, you don't notice the "double hit" of the passing vehicles you get with other hitches. The whole truck/trailer combo moves as one.

The hitch battle video is an excellent resource. The one thing I'll mention is that I've only had a single instance of my ProPride stinger binding up on insertion and it was because I screwed up my procedure for hitching. It took me less than 15 seconds to correct and be on my way. It's crazy simple to hook up and use.

Ping Sean at ProPride and see if he has any refurb units in. I saved a bit of $ buying mine as a refurb. It was in brand new condition. And get the 1400 lb spring bars. I use those and as many washers on the adjusting pin as I could fit and crank them up to 1/2 turn below max tension to get my front TV ride height where I want it.

My last drive with the PP was a 150 mile trek in 15-30 mph winds (both headwinds and crosswinds) down 7% grades with passing semi trailers on I-17 north of Phoenix. Kindof a worse case test and my rig handled it with aplomb. My wife didn't complain about it once, which is the most important factor...
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrick View Post
    After 2 hitches to try and decrease sway, I bit the bullet and paid for the ProPride. Nothing comes close. It doesn't have sway, not even a little bit. If I would have just bought it to begin with, I would have saved money. The ProPride makes the vehicle and trailer as one, so when high wind or passing semi air hit it, both units move together. When I used to tow with my F150 and bumper pull, I would ready myself for the push/pull of the passing semi trailer. After installing the ProPride, didn't have to worry about it. Its absolutely the best WD hitch to have.

We also have the ProPride and agree with everything @tamrick says.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    The Weigh Safe appears to be pretty much the old standby Equal-i-zer hitch that most dealers push, with the addition of the scale. With any hitch, once you get it set, it's set, and you don't need to mess with it much anymore. So not clear that all the easy adjustments do much after you get it dialed in. Ditto on the scale feature. Nice to have a way to measure when setting up, but then one generally doesn't need it anymore (non-5th toy haulers excepted, of course).

I had the Anderson, and really wanted to like it. But just not suitable for longer, heavier trailers. I had no problem getting all the weight lost restored back to the front, like some report. But the friction cup depends on tongue weight, and also does not have enough resistance when the dog has a long tail to wag. Maybe if my trailer had the possibility of more tongue weight...but there was just no way. I sold it to a guy who tried it on his 2600, and he too sold it soon after. Getting true sway at 55 mph is a pretty scary thing.....

Rather than end up with a garage full of hitches, I just choked and bought the ProPride. It is all that everyone says it is. The only issue is that some lots/dealers hate trying to figure out how to hitch up to move the trailer around their yard. ProPride does sell a "lot bar" attachment to overcome that issue.

Do you need it? See what others towing your model think - in most cases, they seem to be happy with more conventional (cheaper) hitches. My model, just needed it. Poor design that doesn't allow enough tongue weight...
    We have the Weigh Safe on our Momentum 31G. The adjustability comes into play much more with the big toyhaulers like ours vs a regular travel trailer. Huge swings in tongue weight in various loading conditions in these toyhaulers. The on the fly adjustability and the phone app that tells you where the distributed weight needs to be set for whatever current tongue weight is amazingly accurate. The 31G has 1600 lbs tongue weight dry so is already over the ProPride/Hensley tongue weight rating before adding anything to the trailer. So to your point, the 20k pull/2k tongue weight rated Weigh Safe is pretty much needed for the toyhaulers but I'm sure others will work just as well for the lighter travel trailers.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Wandering Weekends channel on youtube. He does a great review of all these hitches head to head on a 2800BH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Hensley for several years towing a 36 foot open range travel trailer And loved it.
    It looks like the pro pride copied the hensley.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Howell4 View Post
    I had a Hensley for several years towing a 36 foot open range travel trailer And loved it.
    It looks like the pro pride copied the hensley.
    Jim Hensley (the inventor) was forced out of his namesake company. They have the rights to his original design (only). Gets no share of their profits. Worked with another former employee, who started ProPride, and introduced a much improved version. And he shares in its success.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve had the ProPride for two years (16,000 miles) on a 2600RB. My first TV was a 2016 Expedition e/w tow package. The PP hitch worked great. TV and TT worked as a single unit. No sway in some serious 30MPH crosswind gusts. Movement? Yes. Sway? No. I’ve been towing for the last month with a 2021 F150 e/w tow package and have the similar results albeit less movement and more TV power on hills. Unfortunately, I can’t compare with other hitches because I have had the PP since I started towing. I can vouch for PP customer service. It is fantastic. They are there almost anytime of the day or night to help with problems or installation. I’d buy it again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast