User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tested mine this morning using water meter and it works fine with 25+ gallons of water. Pump pressurizes system and stops as expected. No leaks anywhere, pump does not come back on unless you turn on water. Turn on the faucet and after 2 or 3 gallons have run out, the faucet starts sputtering. As you approach ~20 gallons left in the tank, the pump no longer primes and will not reach pressure once you turn off faucet - it just continues to run. I bypassed hot water heater so that water capacity is not impacting my measurements.

Anyone have any idea how the fresh water is drawn into the system from the tank(s)? Especially with the 21g which has two fresh water tanks and two dump valves. I must say I find it hard to believe the water drawn from a tube that dangles down into the tank. I would hope the water inlet was molded into the bottom of the tank.
    Tripp Layfield
    2021 Reflection 315 RLTS - sold 8/22
    2021 Momentum 21G
    2020 Ram 2500 MegaCab 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom 'r Bust View Post
    Thanks for the reply NCN.

I had never thought about trying that. Our rig has auto level and I regularly check it with a level. But your idea would help prove or disprove the pick up line being placed too high on the tank.

Thanks again...
    Along the same line, the tank may have been install crooked. All of my waste tanks are. They would be hard to fix as the drain/vent lines would need to be redone. Fortunantly it isn't causing a problem. My FW is fine... But it would be easier to fix.
    Last edited by huntindog; 05-31-2022 at 05:32 PM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmlayfield View Post
    Tested mine this morning using water meter and it works fine with 25+ gallons of water. Pump pressurizes system and stops as expected. No leaks anywhere, pump does not come back on unless you turn on water. Turn on the faucet and after 2 or 3 gallons have run out, the faucet starts sputtering. As you approach ~20 gallons left in the tank, the pump no longer primes and will not reach pressure once you turn off faucet - it just continues to run. I bypassed hot water heater so that water capacity is not impacting my measurements.

Anyone have any idea how the fresh water is drawn into the system from the tank(s)? Especially with the 21g which has two fresh water tanks and two dump valves. I must say I find it hard to believe the water drawn from a tube that dangles down into the tank. I would hope the water inlet was molded into the bottom of the tank.
    I feel your pain Imlayfield. And totally agree with the logic of a molded bottom vs a pick up tube.
    2021 Winnebago 2932 5th wheel
    2020 F350 w/7.3 Godzilla
    2018 Reflection 220RK - sold 11/20
    2018 Titan XD 4x4 SL - sold 11/20

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Along the same line, the tank may have been install crooked. All of my waste tanks are. They would be hard to fix as the draon/vent lines would need to be redone. Fortunantly it isn't causing a problem. My FW is fine... But it would be easier to fix.
    This will be my next move if a new pump and filter bowl don't fix the problem. Thanks huntindog.
    2020 F350 w/7.3 Godzilla

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2022 imagine 2500 RL and the water pump doesn't seem to work at a third of a tank as well. I've never measured the amount of water going in but believe it should work with a third of a tank. I have to take it in for a slide out issue which stuck in on us during this trip and a refrigerator that freezes everything so I'll talk to them about the water pump as well

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toy4Rick View Post
    We have a 2022 imagine 2500 RL and the water pump doesn't seem to work at a third of a tank as well. I've never measured the amount of water going in but believe it should work with a third of a tank. I have to take it in for a slide out issue which stuck in on us during this trip and a refrigerator that freezes everything so I'll talk to them about the water pump as well
    Thanks Rick. Any info you can dig up is appreciated.
    2020 F350 w/7.3 Godzilla

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not familiar with how your trailer is designed but I can tell about mine. I have a Reflection 150RL.
    The tank is installed lengthwise across the trailer and is wide and not very high (relatively). There is a bit of a “sump” molded in the end of the tank but it is pretty shallow. In that sump they spin welded the fitting for the pipe connection. However they do have to keep it up away from the very bottom edge of the tank. On mine, they installed the 1/3 sensor just barely above a level equal to the top of the sump line. So I start to monitor water usage pretty carefully when the 1/3 sensor is on. I can go past it but not very much. The line is installed on the drivers side of the tank so raising the passenger side would give you more water.
    I’m not sure I would have 15 gallons remaining after the pump cavitates but it would be close that depending on how level the trailer sits.
    It takes a fair amount of water to fill that long and wide tank to get the level over the sump line. Hope this helps.
    2018 295RL Relection
    2018 Silverado HD2500

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxles View Post
    I am not familiar with how your trailer is designed but I can tell about mine. I have a Reflection 150RL.
    The tank is installed lengthwise across the trailer and is wide and not very high (relatively). There is a bit of a “sump” molded in the end of the tank but it is pretty shallow. In that sump they spin welded the fitting for the pipe connection. However they do have to keep it up away from the very bottom edge of the tank. On mine, they installed the 1/3 sensor just barely above a level equal to the top of the sump line. So I start to monitor water usage pretty carefully when the 1/3 sensor is on. I can go past it but not very much. The line is installed on the drivers side of the tank so raising the passenger side would give you more water.
    I’m not sure I would have 15 gallons remaining after the pump cavitates but it would be close that depending on how level the trailer sits.
    It takes a fair amount of water to fill that long and wide tank to get the level over the sump line. Hope this helps.
    Thanks Saxles. It just seems unfathomable that this is a design issue. If the new pump doesn't fix it, then I may have to drop the chloroplast.

Or just accept that I only have 35 of 50 gallons of usable fresh water.
    2020 F350 w/7.3 Godzilla

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2021 268BH. Have this same issue. GD customer service was less than helpful. Became irritated when I suggested that the stated quantity was false advertising, saying it does hold the advertised amount. Had no response when I said it was misleading at best. Claimed to have never heard of the issue, yet I've seen it on multiple forums. Supposedly GD customer service is supposed to be a cut above but so far they seem to be no better than all the others. Shame on GD for allowing such a poorly designed tank to be used in their product, and for not taking responsibility for their decision.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pump pickups are above the bottom of the tank, the idea being the pump doesn't suck up any debris that may have settled in the tank bottom.
    I T'd off the dump valve and extended the winterization line to feed the pump. This got me 5-6 more usable gallons since I can drain the tank dry with the pump.
    I also put a valve on the overflow line. By doing this and using the gravity fill port I get another 5-6 gallons into the tank.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast